"Mark all as read" not working?

Featured Posts

I always use "View New Content", set to show "Forums" and "Content I have not read". When I have scrolled down the list and seen all I want see, I have always clicked on "Mark Community as Read" and then on "Mark all as read" in the pop-up list, which used to leave a blank list until new items had come in.

Now however that seems to have no effect. If I mark all as read, VNC returns the whole list as if they were still unread. I have to click on "Forums" in the pop-up list instead.

It's only a minor irritation, but has something changed?

I've also been having the same problem. It seems a bit hit and miss, sometimes works sometimes not. I thought it was at my end.

Its pretty easy to check though - go back to view new content, and 'read' threads will be in normal type where unread ones will be bold. It can be quite a long-running query to mark all threads as read, so it does take some amount of time and can fail/timeout. Doing it again will be quicker since some will be marked read, already.

If I go back to "View New Content", those which I have actually read will have correctly disappeared but all others remain, even if I have hit "Mark all as read" several times over several hours.

Here's a screenshot as requested

post-807-0-34048700-1441372653_thumb.jpg

ETA: and now clicking on "Forums" doesn't seem to work either. I get sent back to the home page but returning to VNC still shows all the threads that I haven't actually viewed individually.

Edited by Keeping Up

All I can suggest is instead of using "By Time Period" as "content I have not read", instead select a long time period eg "1 year", and it will produce many pages, but obviously the initial one you're taken to is page 1, which is where the latest content will be. And you can determine if you're read the content or not, by its being bold or normal.