Silly Price for Badge

mark99

Featured Posts

Especially as there is one for £29 on the same page....... - Blue is the wrong colour for your engine room Mark!.

True.

I've got 4 I think of those badges. Two red and two blue. I acquired them in bashed about condition and just degreased, cleaned, (wire wool) + repainted them. The price surprised me. If they continue to climb I could sell! smile.png

20140417_152211_zps75ed8bc7.jpg

20140417_093709_zps6b3387a7.jpg

Edited by mark99

Gosh. I've got one of those at home somewhere. It came attached to the radiator grill of a Series 3 Landrover (long since sold on). That had the standard Landy diesel engine, so I always wondered why it had a Gardner badge.

Do/did you not get Gardner badges on bus and lorry engines? What happened to them when said vehicles got scrapped in favour of modern technology?

They got scrapped along with the engine because they were worthless at the time. I'll probably scrap my Renault truck next year and I wouldn't dream of removing the engine badge before I do, in 50 years time it will probably be worth a squillion quid.

They got scrapped along with the engine because they were worthless at the time. I'll probably scrap my Renault truck next year and I wouldn't dream of removing the engine badge before I do, in 50 years time it will probably be worth a squillion quid.

In which case the OP isn't about silly prices at all, it's about rarity value. Can't have it both ways!

If they are not rare, then why would anyone pay over the odds for one? Perhaps they just wanted it in a hurry?

People get carried away when bidding, and if alcohol is involved even more so.

(I like to time my auctions to end after 7 or 8 pm on a Friday or Saturday (non school night) :) )