Beware Leeds & Liverpool lomeshaye bridge 140 nelson

luggsy

Featured Posts

beware going under this bridge tonight lump of wood

lands on the boat my wife shouts at a bunch of kids 7 to 12 years old on the bridge to stop throwing things as I turn round and look up at the bridge another piece of a wood hits me in my face , clad it was not a brick/stone , no damage to me or the boat another 2 inches higher and it would of hit me in the eye

Phone 101 and report it...the next person might not be so lucky.

Personally I'd I have tried to stop and chased the little darlings and chucked them in the cut.....however some people frown on such things and would rather offer them a nice holiday..

Cheers

Gareth

Phone 101 and report it...the next person might not be so lucky.

Personally I'd I have tried to stop and chased the little darlings and chucked them in the cut.....however some people frown on such things and would rather offer them a nice holiday..

Cheers

Gareth

You should not just chuck them in, best to hold them under too.

Ian.

You should not just chuck them in, best to hold them under too.

Ian.

Good point!

In all seriousness please do phone the plod on 101....it helps if there is more problems at the same location. You might need to give the street name....they don't have an idea about canal names or bridge numbers.

Cheers

Gareth

You should definitely contact the police.

We were untied in The middle of the night in Leigh a couple of years ago which although not pleasant wasn't a big deal. What was a big deal was the abuse my wife recieved through the bedroom window at 3am from the group of youths who untied us. I couldn't repeat what they were shouting on this forum but I had to leave for work at 4am and my wife very upset and understandably scared at the prospect of being left alone. We contacted the police later that day and were told that we should have phoned them immediately.

We were going towards a bridge on the Caldon a year or two back and saw kids on the bridge with bricks ready to throw. I got my camera and stood at the front pointing it up at the bridge - they scarpered! I really wanted to get a picture to send to the police and the local schools but they moved the minute they realised I had a camera.

• Greenie 1

We were going towards a bridge on the Caldon a year or two back and saw kids on the bridge with bricks ready to throw. I got my camera and stood at the front pointing it up at the bridge - they scarpered! I really wanted to get a picture to send to the police and the local schools but they moved the minute they realised I had a camera.

Yes, and the bigger and more obvious the camera, the better. Forget smartphones!

I had problems myself here with stone throwing kids, a few years ago now. It's a shame because the moorings near the bridge are handy for cheap food shopping. There's the estate on one side of the canal and the park on the other. I just pretended to chase them, so they ran off then untied and left before they came back.

Regards kris

I sorry to hear about this we came through there on Monday without problem. In 5 years of Cruising in that area the worst we have had is a water filled balloon dropped off a bridge by kids. They were crap shots as they could have got it in the open hatch if they'd tried a bit harder and I wouldn't have seen the funny side....

Coming into skip ton today there were some young kids throwing stones into the cut and I thought they might find a boat more interesting, so got the camera and phone ready and would have set the dog on them. He makes a lot of noise and likes rounding things up (collie) as it happens they didn't cause any issue when we got to them.