2LW occasional misfire

Featured Posts

Hi all

Just noticed a (hopefully) slight problem with our 2LW - it very occasionally "misses a beat" and there has been a reluctance to pick up revs from idle a couple of times. Could these two symptoms be connected and has anyone got any suggestions as to a likely cause?

Your input gratefully received

Regards

S23

Hi all

Just noticed a (hopefully) slight problem with our 2LW - it very occasionally "misses a beat" and there has been a reluctance to pick up revs from idle a couple of times. Could these two symptoms be connected and has anyone got any suggestions as to a likely cause?

Your input gratefully received

Regards

S23

Possibly wee drops of water getting through now and again. Check your primary agglomerator filter for water if you've got one.

My Lister JP2 occasionally does the same coupled with a puff of unburnt diesel. Usually when cylinder head temperature is low and when running in low compression. It clears after 20 minutes or so of river work.

Another possibility is carbon under valve seat - again a good blast should clear it.

My Lister JP2 occasionally does the same coupled with a puff of unburnt diesel. Usually when cylinder head temperature is low and when running in low compression. It clears after 20 minutes or so of river work.

Another possibility is carbon under valve seat - again a good blast should clear it.

Mine too! It's a feature!.....Going across the Ribble meant we cleared a lot of carbon....it's quite heart stopping having a cloud of carbon expelled when you are pushing a fast tide I can tell you!

Cheers

Gareth

Yes, water in the fuel was my first thought too.

Reginald used to do this too until I syphoned about five litres of watery brown gloop from the bottom of the day tank, when I first bought him.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman