£20k crowdfund appeal

MtB

Featured Posts

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income since the boat sank.

I am a healer. I have dedicated my life to helping others. This campaign was set up on the request of friends & family who value my work so they could help me out of a dire situation.

Everyone who has donated has or will receive from me treatments or healing in exchange which will be worth more than the monetary value of their donations.

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people.

Thank you.

Copal

What you really want is a business loan, and/or a bunch of investors - except they won't get their money back? So its more of a donation/gift to have a go at starting up a new business?

Do you have any qualifications or accreditations for your work?

Oh, PS welcome to the forum.

Hey, I only said MTB was jealous as he "only" has 2 boats...! I'm just as incensed as the next person, but how much responsibility rests with the con-ees as well as the conner?

My point being - whilst there are gullible folks, there will always be predators like this!

I wasn't digging at you, I was digging at a comment from one of his minions on the giving page that said we are all jealous, a genuine comment not a tongue in cheek one!

How much worse off are you financial now, than you were before the boat sank?

Cost of refloating, loss of contents, what else would insurance cover?

It certainly wouldn't cover work still to be done, or loss of earnings.

If you are intending to work from this boat, when finished you may well need a Traders licence and greater insurance cover.

Bod

What sort of licence does this boat have?

What sort of licence does this boat have?

I bet it doesn't have (and won't have) a trading licence which is what I believe it will need if he is going to run a business from it. Plus appropriate insurance and safety checks...

Interesting observation Paul. That kind of is what I have here. For the donations I'm receiving I am giving treatments at what equates to a much reduced rate. Instead of paying interest in the traditional sense I'm paying back in a slightly different way.

What you really want is a business loan, and/or a bunch of investors - except they won't get their money back? So its more of a donation/gift to have a go at starting up a new business?

Do you have any qualifications or accreditations for your work?

Oh, PS welcome to the forum.

Interesting observation Paul. That kind of is what I have here. For the donations I'm receiving I am giving treatments at what equates to a much reduced rate. Instead of paying interest in the traditional sense I'm paying back in a slightly different way.

Ok no worries, I guess its up to individual donators to decide if their donation is worthwhile and the relative value of treatments your giving in return. Sorry to press you on it - do you have qualifications and an accreditation?

He seems to be a personal friend of the LB admin

It doesn't really matter, now that Copal Daselva has registered on here, others can be redirected here and it be discussed. Of course, posts may be reported and moderated upon eg if people make threats of violence it would break forum guidelines etc.

I quite like what he's done at the stern of the vessel with the sort of wheelhouse/conservatory type arrangement . Nice little place to sit about

Edit to remove drug references

Edited by magnetman

I quite like what he's done at the stern of the vessel with the sort of wheelhouse/conservatory type arrangement . Nice little place to sit about

Edit to remove drug references

That must be the treatment room.

Theirs nothing wrong with trying to set a business up on a Budget, but maybe it could of been done differently.

Edited by grumpy146

I wasn't digging at you, I was digging at a comment from one of his minions on the giving page that said we are all jealous, a genuine comment not a tongue in cheek one!

Sawreee.... smile.png

I gave up looking at the comments there - was too busy buying guitars with OH today!

And anyhoo... i have no yogurt wot needs weaving... laugh.png

Geetars? I have some of them!

Three in this bote, two in the other, and about six at home...

Ooh, do they keep ok? I've always been a bit worried about the changing temperature when we're not aboard and the humidity when we are - or combinations thereof. I have a little Yamaha Guitalele I carry back and forth to the boat, but it'd be nice to have a resident 6 string!

Mine seem to manage fine!

They need tuning usually, but no other ill effects. But then none of them is especially high quality. A Farida six string, Fender 12 string (both solid tops) and a Squire strat copy.

The guys a healer. Does that mean he repairs shoes.

Nope. Unlike this this guy, a healer will fix a sole too!

I forgive your pedantry but I think you are mistaken. I was assuming a 25% tax rate and tax is levied on gross income (after allowance), not net income, so my £25 is indeed 25% of £100 gross,

But the principle remains, regardless of the detailed calculation, so the point is valid either way. .

Actually, if I may add to the pedantry, it is more complex than that!

The charity always reclaims tax at 20%, but if the donor is a 40% taxpayer, he too can reclaim some tax.

So, if a high earner donates £100 to a charity, the charity will reclaim its tax as normal, but the donor can recover the "extra" 20% as well

The £20K is what it will cost to complete what is an ambitious building project as well as to replace all my possessions, raise the boat & cover loss of income since the boat sank.

I am a healer. I have dedicated my life to helping others. This campaign was set up on the request of friends & family who value my work so they could help me out of a dire situation.

Everyone who has donated has or will receive from me treatments or healing in exchange which will be worth more than the monetary value of their donations.

My intention for this campaign is to create a place I can live & work & as a result of the success of this I will be able to serve a lot more people.

Thank you.

Copal

You may have 'dedicated your life to helping others' but none the less you are running a business. If you need money to run a business you need to talk to your bank manager not start a begging page on the Internet.

Ooh, do they keep ok? I've always been a bit worried about the changing temperature when we're not aboard and the humidity when we are - or combinations thereof. I have a little Yamaha Guitalele I carry back and forth to the boat, but it'd be nice to have a resident 6 string!

Blimmin' good question!

Mine seem to manage fine!

They need tuning usually, but no other ill effects. But then none of them is especially high quality. A Farida six string, Fender 12 string (both solid tops) and a Squire strat copy.

Nope. Unlike this this guy, a healer will fix a sole too!

That's good to know.. The new baby's a Fender Strat - but it's not mine so that's all i kno! He played a bit with some bands (The Cure), i just lit the bugg*rs..

So would an engine room be a good place for guitar storage then? With like, less variation in temp and humidity? Or is that too obvious a blag for a boat WITH engine room? wub.png (A blag worthy of Mr Daselva maybe biggrin.png )

He just says he's a healer. A "shamanic healer" to be precise. I doubt if there are any available qualifications for that, for the same reason that there would not be any for snake oil salesmen, tarot card readers, and all the other occupations where people milk the gullible of their money. But is he really any worse than all the people making a living out of one of the established religions? Roll up folks, and put some money in the collection plate so you can go to heaven when you die! Yeah, right.

I suppose at least if you give your local vicar money to repair the church roof you might be helping to conserve quite an attractive bit of architecture.

Restoring that boat to its hideous original state would not be a good idea, and the general view of the forum seems to be that Copal Daselva has already raised much more than enough to do that anyway.

Blimmin' good question!

That's good to know.. The new baby's a Fender Strat - but it's not mine so that's all i kno! He played a bit with some bands (The Cure), i just lit the bugg*rs..

So would an engine room be a good place for guitar storage then? With like, less variation in temp and humidity? Or is that too obvious a blag for a boat WITH engine room? wub.png (A blag worthy of Mr Daselva maybe biggrin.png )

I keep mine in the shower. Fiddle lives in half a case over the bed and the trombone on a couple of hooks under the window. Guitars seem to cope OK with the humidity, better than fiddles which always need tuning.

(snip)

So would an engine room be a good place for guitar storage then? With like, less variation in temp and humidity?

I'd have thought an engine room would have large variations in temp, (and therefore humidity) ??

I'd have thought an engine room would have large variations in temp, (and therefore humidity) ??

Especially if the washing is still on the line! Probably a little less worrying than the woods drying out too much though. With you guys having no ill effects, it seems I'm being over-cautious and ought to leave one aboard. Just perhaps not in the shower ;)