Very confused over CC rules

bigste

Featured Posts

Ah but then the only reason they think you can have for wanting to know about their top secret club is to spy on them for the IWA.

I think you'll find that those on the forum have nothing to fear. People detect bullshit wherever they are...

BTW, I'm not a member of the ACC...

Could you not find the membership website? :D

(Where did that tongue-in-cheek smiley go?)

[out of tongue in cheek mode]

No, it was by choice. I've got a lot of time for those supporting the ACC but I guess organisations aren't really for me. Perhaps that's why I'm disorganised...

That won't stop jenlyn and costwoldman though David.

They both insist I am *not* a CC licence holder - which is a surprise to both myself and CRTs licence team.

Is it a surprise to the people in your club where you only pay £5 per meter per month for your mooring

It does seem rather a lot for a bit of bare towpath.

Our club moorings work out at around £5 per metre per month, which is half the price of the offered winter mooring just round the corner.

Edited by cotswoldsman

Is it a surprise to the people in your club where you only pay £5 per meter per month for your mooring

It would surprise them as well, yes.

Please provide a link to the law that says you can not have a CC licence and also have a home mooring, as I seem to have missed that bit.

Please provide a link to the law that says you can not have a CC licence and also have a home mooring, as I seem to have missed that bit.

There are 2 forms of the licence.

One for those with a home mooring.

One for those without a home mooring.

Hope this helps.

Edited by matty40s

There is no such thing as a "Cc licence", but there are people floating around telling porkies to play to the crowd. wink.png

There is no such thing as a "Cc licence", but there are people floating around telling porkies to play to the crowd. wink.png

Oh I am not splitting hairs with the semantics, I am simply stating that you are wrong.

I will try again.

I have a home mooring.

The licence in my window has a BW.065.007 code on it, and was applied for after I had got the club mooring.

Any other questions?

There is only one type,or category, of Licence. The distinction between CC'ers and HM'ers rests solely with the Licence holder, and the use to which the boat is put.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

So are you also saying that I can not have a CC licence just because I have a home mooring? CRT disagree.

If you want to "play the system" of course you can have a home mooring and CC.

1) Tell C&RT you do not have a home mooring when you apply for your licence and then take a mooring - although when you took a licence out you agreed to tell C&RT if your mooring circumstances changed ( so you are being a bit naughty)

2) Tell C&RT you have a home mooring, get your licence and then don't use the mooring - although when you took a licence out you agreed to tell C&RT if your mooring circumstances changed ( so you are being a bit naughty)

What did you tell C&RT when you applied for your licence ?

Your licence will show if you are a CCer or a HMer from the number.

If you are registered s a HMer it will have a 2 letter prefix then some 'numbers' to show the location of your mooring (eg RT 012 21, which shows them your mooring is on the River Trent, 12 miles from the start point, near asset number 21)

Edit - following your post :

So you can now tell from the number if C&RT have you listed as a CCer or a HMer

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Oh I am not splitting hairs with the semantics, I am simply stating that you are wrong.

I will try again.

I have a home mooring.

The licence in my window has a BW.065.007 code on it, and was applied for after I had got the club mooring.

Any other questions?

Yes on the question "do you have a home mooring" how did you answer?

So are you also saying that I can not have a CC licence just because I have a home mooring? CRT disagree.

Why would I be "also saying" something else.?

My statement was very clear.

It is up to you what you choose to declare when buying your licence, not me.

If you want to "play the system" of course you can have a home mooring and CC.

1) Tell C&RT you do not have a home mooring when you apply for your licence and then take a mooring - although when you took a licence out you agreed to tell C&RT if your mooring circumstances changed ( so you are being a bit naughty)

2) Tell C&RT you have a home mooring, get your licence and then don't use the mooring - although when you took a licence out you agreed to tell C&RT if your mooring circumstances changed ( so you are being a bit naughty)

I don't think it's reasonable to describe that as ''playing the system'' . . . . if your boat is in daily use in a very small area, and then you can only comply with the Law by having a home mooring.

Yes on the question "do you have a home mooring" how did you answer?

Actually the question is:

"Where will the boat be kept when not being used for cruising?"

And there are several options to choose from, one of which is

"The boat cruises continuously"

I will try again.

I have a home mooring.

Any other questions?

I'll repeat for you, there is no such thing as a Cc licence. There is no sementics involved, apart from those you are attempting to include.

You came in with a post on this thread with the sole intent of causing some disruption, grasping at David's post to justify your intent. Only his post originated from spite as well.

Bonkers.

I don't think it's reasonable to describe that as ''playing the system'' . . . . if your boat is in daily use in a very small area, and then you can only comply with the Law by having a home mooring.

Agreed - but your declaration to C&RT would be that you were a HMer and would get the 'benefits' of being a HMer ( in as much as C&RT are now trying to change them).

The claim is that he had a home mooring but declared he didn't and was therefore a CCer ("They both insist I am *not* a CC licence holder - which is a surprise to both myself and CRTs licence team.")

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Thanks Mike.

And I would be glad to answer.

During the period of a licence, the burden is on CRT to show that the boater has failed to CC

When a licence is renewed, the burden is on the boater to satisfy CRT that they will CC.

In the example on the other thread, CRT aren't threatening to revoke a licence. They are saying that at the point of renewal, they will need to be satisfied.

mayalld, thank you.

I have to say, I'm in no way convinced that when a licence is renewed that the licencee is considered an applicant. In every other licencing regime I can think of, you are a licencee until you cease to renew, or until such times as the licence is cancelled or revoked or the licencing authority declines to renew it.

But let's for a moment, accept that when a licence is renewed, the "applicant" must satisfy the trust.... As you say, during the period of the current licence, the burden is on the trust to show that the licencee has failed to use the boat bona fide, etc. If the trust cannot show that, what must the "applicant" do to satisfy the trust? In particular, what must they do which is different from what they did to satisfy the trust at the first application?

Why must they provide to the trust, evidence of the actual use of the boat when the burden is on the trust to determine that for itself?

And if they are required to collect such evidence, and to provide it when a licence is renewed, surely that can, and should be made a requirement in the licence T&C?

When I took my home mooring in July and was sorting out the details with cart I was asked "would you like us to send a new licence now or are you OK waiting until your renewal in November?"

Perhaps they wanted to send you a 3 month trial licence......