Another eBay narrow boat for sale. £200,000 different!!

bigcol

Featured Posts

Remember when taking photos with mirrors near by to wear enough clothes....

I do like "wide beam narrow boat" as a description

Yes I was thinking that.

The boat is not to my taste but I guess if you were in the market for a luxury flat near London it may seem decent value if you think it that way rather than a boat.

Isnt it lovely , all that black & white modernist , minimalist , neon lights & hi tech spec . I imagine its sort of thing Darth Vader might like if he ever fancied a canal holiday .

Naaah, too much white for Darth

Where is the boat?

Richard

Isnt it lovely , all that black & white modernist , minimalist , neon lights & hi tech spec . I imagine its sort of thing Darth Vader might like if he ever fancied a canal holiday .

You beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing. Darth Vader did indeed like plenty of white to contrast with the black in his interior colour schemes. And all his storm troopers wore white. However he liked a bit of grey too and favoured grey exteriors, so he'd want to give the outside a repaint. We won't be seeing him on the canals, as (spoiler alert) he died a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I have always failed to see the appeal of the fashion for stark black and white décor, especially when there's a lot of black making the room dark. On all these house makeover programmes like Homes Under The Hammer you frequently see kitchens with all black tiles, or alternate black and white tiles; who wants a police themed kitchen? Mine has some nice tiles depicting fruit and veg on a cream background, as put up by a previous owner of the house, and I'm very happy with that. I do have a black kettle and toaster, but only because they were the only colour available for a good sale bargain.

Didn't Cliff Richard do a similar looking fit-out in Take Me High? A wide beam interior inside a narrow boat as I recall, so a genuine wide beam narrow boat.

You beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing. Darth Vader did indeed like plenty of white to contrast with the black in his interior colour schemes. And all his storm troopers wore white. However he liked a bit of grey too and favoured grey exteriors, so he'd want to give the outside a repaint. We won't be seeing him on the canals, as (spoiler alert) he died a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I have always failed to see the appeal of the fashion for stark black and white décor, especially when there's a lot of black making the room dark. On all these house makeover programmes like Homes Under The Hammer you frequently see kitchens with all black tiles, or alternate black and white tiles; who wants a police themed kitchen? Mine has some nice tiles depicting fruit and veg on a cream background, as put up by a previous owner of the house, and I'm very happy with that. I do have a black kettle and toaster, but only because they were the only colour available for a good sale bargain.

Didn't Cliff Richard do a similar looking fit-out in Take Me High? A wide beam interior inside a narrow boat as I recall, so a genuine wide beam narrow boat.

I would much rather have the black and white ceramic tiles.

As it happens we have limestone tiles and they are a pain in the arse to keep clean. rolleyes.gif

Clearly a design that divides opinion. It looks like a fashion statement to me. In ten years time it will be well out of fashion and full of obsolete Electronic equipment.

Richard

Surely that goes for any boat with any technology on it of any type.

Ten years is a long time!

Surely that goes for any boat with any technology on it of any type.

Ten years is a long time!

Imagine what that means for the fit out. Trying to fit the latest fashion items in to replace the old ones will be a nightmare

Have we discussed that £200,000 price tag yet?

Richard

I like the look of that sound system with what look like about 12" speakers. I can just imagine some of my reggae and blues albums pounding out of those.

The astroturf on the deck may look unusual, but the other day in Cropredy I was talking to a chap who has exactly that on his rear deck and he reckoned that his dogs loved it.

Which reminds me. I must get a new radio for Tawny while there are still aftermarket car ones available biggrin.png

Richard

We replaced ours 18 months ago. It's out of date already!

We are replacing the 12 year old chart plotter this winter. That is really, really out of date.

Edited by Naughty Cal