solar panel brackets

emlclcy

Featured Posts

I'm having a set of 4 solar panel brackets made from 3mm stainless, I'm a cad engineer so designed them and have just placed the order with a laser cutting fabrication company.

they have 2 feet so will fit a curved roof better than one and are 360mm wide by 280mm high, 6.5mm mounting holes with an 8mm adjustment slot - my panels are the 993mm x 1650mm.

i'f you're interested in a set they cost me inc postage £49 for 4.

I have a cad drawing I can send you to check your fitment in dxf or adobe pdf.

quite happy to so this for cost

price may come down for more

cheers

carl

You might want to check the dimensions on the drawing. The instructions say all dimensions are in inches...

lol that would be so funny!!! a bracket that's bigger than the boat!! ha ha

i'll message the company...

I would extend the central slot further down so the panels can sit closer to the roof, and add a hole to one side which allows you to padlock the panel to the stand.

I made the slot that size so the panel would not touch my mushroom air vents when slid down, good point about padlocking it.

mounting holes are 6.5mm, the dxf file I sent them which they use to program the laser cutter has this embedded. this drawing was just for ref, to check scale etc.

Could the slot be made longer as mine fit between the vents.

Neil

I'm quite happy to modify the drawing and get another set made -for cost - how many do you need and how long do you need the slot to be?

• 4 weeks later...