Televisions

Larentia

Featured Posts

looking at that and extrapolating out, I need a 152" TV which may not fit through a lock!!

Simple, fold, or roll up screen and a TV. projector unit.

Did think of going that way when having boat built but cost was a factor. laugh.png

Edit: some of the letters were in the wrong place.

Edited by bottle

Go for a Samsung over LG. Much better reliability according to our local tv repairman. (Repairing our LG, used at work for in our reception.)

We have a 32" Samsung on our boat. With HD, watching from approx 5' away, it's perfect.

Go for a Samsung over LG. Much better reliability according to our local tv repairman. (Repairing our LG, used at work for in our reception.)

We have a 32" Samsung on our boat. With HD, watching from approx 5' away, it's perfect.

Is that not like asking the AA man about cars, he only knows about the ones he mends, not the ones that break down, he never sees the ones that don't

In my experience the size and power ratio of any of the models mentioned, won't alter the fact that

there's bog all on worth watching !

Rog

ps I'll get my book smile.png

Depends on what your tastes are - amongst the footer and end less cooking progs: there are lots of 'arty-farty' programmes on as well as Countryfile, ex politician on a train, ex actor walking all over the place and such like.

Keeps us amused, though I suspect we're in a minority.

I (sometimes) hesitate to push my choices - so it's great to find folks confirming that Samsung are good and good value.

For the OP - if you like radio - were you aware that you can listen to it on Freeview (channels 700), the stereo is good and better than DAB. Couple the Youtube box that I suggested to the Phirrips sound bar and you have reasonable HiFi-on-a-boat for a small amount (take less power than doing it through the TV.

Is that not like asking the AA man about cars, he only knows about the ones he mends, not the ones that break down, he never sees the ones that don't

Yes but if he sees ten broken LG's for every one Samsung, which would you buy?

I recently bought a 32" Samsung LED smart TV 240v. Power draw is minimal.

It is brilliant, i can watch movies stored on hard drives, mirror my phone or laptop screen and watch any TV online using my phone as the dongle.

I sit over 20 feet away so TV is right size - it is on a swinging bracket so it can go out into cratch area on a hot day so we can sit on the towpath and watch England Thrash the Aussies in style.

Ditto - brilliant. IMHO 32" is the minimum to appreciate an HD picture. Doesn't take up any space when folded away against the wall. Custom patress spreads the load of TV mount although its very light - it also counteracts the tumblehome of cabin sides.

Whatever you buy, bear in mind the warranty. John Lewis TVs are often slightly dearer than other retailers but their TV warranties are for 2yrs, (not 1yr) with option for 5yr.

Beware the high pressure salesperson offering (commission-based) insurance-based warranties

J Lewis warranty LINK

HTH

Went for a 24" Samsung in the end, got it from Curry's/PC World for £200, in stock to carry out. Full HD and some other tek stuff, the most useful of which is it plays video from a USB stick which is handy. Fits my boat well, glad I didn't go any bigger. Sound is surprisingly good. Power use is about 23w. Tried it out with a USB after I bought it. I don't have an aerial as not fussed about watching actual television programmes. Not had time for a movie since so it's stayed switched off but it fills a gap on my shelf :)

Thanks for everyone's help :)