Stone - Safe Moorings for 4-5 days

jeddlad

Featured Posts

I need to leave the boat for 4 or 5 days around Stone on the T&M. Any one have any suggestions for a good place I can moor up?

Thanks

Above Srone top lock just north of Roger Fuller's yard, 5 days. Or 200yds further north through the new bridge 14 days. I've never had problems at either.

George ex nb Alton retired

I would also consider stone fine. However a couple of years ago we left our boat overnight on the 14 day moorings and returned to find our bow rope had been pinched and our stern one in the water. There was a fair on below the bottom lock and I guess could have been a bit of high jinks on the way back to cast us off? Someone had tied our boat using the centre line.

I would also consider stone fine. However a couple of years ago we left our boat overnight on the 14 day moorings and returned to find our bow rope had been pinched and our stern one in the water. There was a fair on below the bottom lock and I guess could have been a bit of high jinks on the way back to cast us off? Someone had tied our boat using the centre line.

I actually think that could have happened anywhere.

Above Srone top lock just north of Roger Fuller's yard, 5 days. Or 200yds further north through the new bridge 14 days. I've never had problems at either.

Agreed, and very handy for the railway station as well, it was the first place I left Lutine unattended, and I left Ripple there once or twice

Edited by magpie patrick

I would consider anywhere in Stone safe for a few days.

Ditto, we did a whole winter there, no issues.

Daniel

Agreed, and very handy for the railway station as well, it was the first place I left Lutine unattended, and I left Ripple there once or twice

Which even has trains again!

Ditto, we did a whole winter there, no issues.

Daniel Which even has trains again!

Well it does....but when we were there the last train was 7.30 at night which is why we couldn't get back. We're not great ones for being out late ...but 7.30 is early by anyone's reckoning.

Actually , for us the early evening stopping of trent valley line trains is a pain. Trains that stop at Atherstone, Rugeley trent valley and stone only run until early evening. Not checked recently though.

Well it does....but when we were there the last train was 7.30 at night which is why we couldn't get back. We're not great ones for being out late ...but 7.30 is early by anyone's reckoning.

Actually , for us the early evening stopping of trent valley line trains is a pain. Trains that stop at Atherstone, Rugeley trent valley and stone only run until early evening. Not checked recently though.

You just caused me a quick panic for a trip I am planning.

The last train now arrives at Atherstone from the north at 2135hrs. Phew! :-)

You just caused me a quick panic for a trip I am planning.

The last train now arrives at Atherstone from the north at 2135hrs. Phew! :-)

Sorry, should have checked before posting. Can now get to stone as late as 9.05 PM. It's a beautiful old station and very handy for the canal.

Sorry, should have checked before posting. Can now get to stone as late as 9.05 PM. It's a beautiful old station and very handy for the canal.

I used it in the period when I could boat but not drive - it was arguably the most attractive station I used in 2014, and certainly the most convenient (Congleton is arguably even easier, but I didn't use it!).

One of these days I'm going to be outed as a closet railway enthusiast!

I used it in the period when I could boat but not drive - it was arguably the most attractive station I used in 2014, and certainly the most convenient (Congleton is arguably even easier, but I didn't use it!).

One of these days I'm going to be outed as a closet railway enthusiast!

Yup. Used Congleton. Very handy. We tend to boat from station to station as have a lot of family commitments. Not managed to use Polesworth yet, it does have trains again - I think it's one a day in each direction at about 7.0 in the morning.

Yup. Used Congleton. Very handy. We tend to boat from station to station as have a lot of family commitments. Not managed to use Polesworth yet, it does have trains again - I think it's one a day in each direction at about 7.0 in the morning.

I think the continuous cruiser parliamentary train user group is fairly small!

(and using terms such as parliamentary train definitely blows my cover!)

I think the continuous cruiser parliamentary train user group is fairly small!

(and using terms such as parliamentary train definitely blows my cover!)

It does. But interesting and Polesworth is another beautiful station.

Sorry to op for sending thread off topic.