Severe flooding this weekend

bigste

Featured Posts

BBC Rainfall maps and forecast charts are as about as useful as a chocolate teapot. They have been forcasting continuous heavy rain here in the South West since last night, and each update has been repeating that information. so far we are still waiting for it to arrive, although there have been a few light spts in the last ten minutes.

I do wonder who these so called weather experts are. Rather than sittiing in warm offices in London looking at computer generated maps, perhaps they should have someone putting their head out of the window to see what is actually happening.

Dim byrw glaw yng Ngogledd Cymru

or No rain in North Wales...

...Yet, but being North Wales it is only a matter of time!

I do wonder who these so called weather experts are. Rather than sittiing in warm offices in London looking at computer generated maps, perhaps they should have someone putting their head out of the window to see what is actually happening.

But that wouldn't be a forecast, that would be a report on what the weather is currently doing...which is rather less useful than knowing what it is likely to do in the near future.

Also its now peeing it down in London and has been since 11am, I'm sure it will reach further north soon... (I'll let you wait until the rain has stopped before requesting that you eat your hat ;) )

Edited by KarlosMacronius

But that wouldn't be a forecast, that would be a report on what the weather is currently doing...which is rather less useful than knowing what it is likely to do in the near future.

Also its now peeing it down in London and has been since 11am, I'm sure it will reach further north soon... (I'll let you wait until the rain has stopped before requesting that you eat your hat wink.png )

Well as we are about a 100 miles South West of London I think the hat is fairly safe, Of course we all know that almost anything that happens in London is the only thing worth reporting on the BBC these days, so rain in London constitutes poor weather for the whole UK,

Edited to add:- They have just reported on the News that it is raining in London and the South East, with flooding in Sussex and Kent. We get flooding almost every yera along the Avon Valley, often closing off the local market town, That never gets reported on the news.

Edited by David Schweizer

Edited to add:- They have just reported on the News that it is raining in London and the South East, with flooding in Sussex and Kent. We get flooding almost every yera along the Avon Valley, often closing off the local market town, That never gets reported on the news.

Maybe they realise that that most people have no interest in flooding 100 miles South West of London. I personally would find that quite boring

Maybe they realise that that most people have no interest in flooding 100 miles South West of London. I personally would find that quite boring

That seems a little mean particularly when you chastise people for saying they are not bothered about a boating issue that does not effect them. But of course most people will only be particularly interested in their location weather wise and flooding so I don't care that much that it may be raining in Llundain

Still not raining in North Wales by the way. It didn't rain yesterday (or the day before) either so if it doesn't rain tomorrow we could be getting into record territory!

Just started persisting it down here.

When reading this thread I keep hearing the Radio Ham episode from Hancock's Half Hour.

Just a few light showers in Coventry area. I want lots of rain tonight / tomorrow as we are tackling the S Oxford on Sunday!

I predict you will meet boats going fast round blind bends.

Edited by mark99

Still been no rain in Solihull, just been grey all day. So where is this rain?

Just a few light showers in Coventry area. I want lots of rain tonight / tomorrow as we are tackling the S Oxford on Sunday!

Where are you heading Nick? We are planning to head for the Thames, but we were going to start leisurely from Napton tomorrow so as not to go through Cropredy until Monday, as I was thinking to would be mad there on Sunday with everyone leaving.