Winter? Bring it on.

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

Has anyone else started using their stove yet? I had mine on the other night. It even feels cool enough to light it today. I wouldn't mind another couple of weeks of warm weather before we dive into autumn and winter.

Lit stove last night, almost melted but it felt very snug!

Cold outside. Warm and snug inside with the stove going.

Later on, a piece of pork wrapped in foil and put inside a casserole dish will sit on top of the stove for several hours where it will gently cook until it can be pulled.

Drives the dog mad.

Nice smells all day…..unless you’re a vegetarian….but I think you can get tablets for that now. wink.png

Ahh! Winter. Bring it on. biggrin.png

Rob….

There are a few bits about winter I hate, 1/2 mile slog through mud to get around our linear basin, no footpath, breaking the ice to row across the basin only for it to freeze behind me, water point freezing up and if weather is really severe the water supply pipe freezes as it crosses over the footbridge and is poorly insulated, other than these issues I don't mind it too much.

Phil

Well I nearly have winter sorted :)

6 October I leave for Naples and will work my way down to Sicily and then just slowly make my way along the South Coast of Italy returning mid November. Then 6 weeks on the boat and to my son for Christmas going to my Mother Boxing Day where I will leave on 7 January for Japan then New Zealand after 5 weeks in New Zealand onto California and back to UK in March. Sorry to say but winters on my boat are no longer fun.

Later on, a piece of pork wrapped in foil and put inside a casserole dish will sit on top of the stove for several hours where it will gently cook until it can be pulled.

Drives the dog mad.

Nice smells all day..unless youre a vegetarian.but I think you can get tablets for that now. wink.png

Rob.

'Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet' - Albert Einstein :) :) :)

Drives the dog mad.

Nice smells all day..unless youre a vegetarian.but I think you can get tablets for that now. wink.png

Rob.

Slow cooked brisket for us today.

Although the weather has decided to be more summer like today.

• 2 weeks later...

NOT YET....... NOT YET.......... I am still in the middle of installing my new diesel boiler and as the whole original system is drained down I can't light the Rayburn !!! another few mild days..........please!!!

YAY !!! All installed and working bring it on smile.png

• 2 weeks later...