Now up to £127K!

David Mack

Featured Posts

Is it?

ISTR the apostrophe is used to indicate the possessive too. "My aunts pen" being wrong; "my aunt's pen" being correct.

I also STR this rule perhaps doesn't apply to the worm "it"...

Where's Athy?!

"Its" is one of those exceptions especialy designed to confuse.

N

Theo's correct, it's an exception to the rule that a possessive contains an apostrophe. It applies to all three genders: His, Hers and Its.

"My aunts' pen" can also be correct, particularly if they live on a boat and are so enthusiastic about saving space aboard that they only have one pen between them. On this boat of course, they wouldn't need to worry because it's so big inside. It probably has a full size office.

To truly misuse the English language and give the grammar Nazis something to get their teeth into we need Eastern European Lady to turn up and contribute to the topic; I miss her.

This post appeared on the Just Canals facebook page yesterday about the seller of this boat -

Word to the wise to anyone buying off e bay seller "Rawson716" (Tysley Birmingham) his word can not be trusted! I was buying a 40 foot boat off him "maggies Kiss"(517667) for £17000, viewed first a month ago, agreed to buy it but he wanted CASH! , took a few days to sort the loan and then I had to make two trips to my bank as they will only pay out a maximum of £10000 per visit.missed closing time by 1 min so had to do it again last Friday, texted vendor to ask when I could collect the boat, only to be told," sorry we are on holiday, do it next (this)weekend.
In the mean time I had cleared my own boat ready to sell, booked a new mooring, paid my insurance and registered it with CART.
then yesterday I get a e mail from cart telling me I had sold it to a Phillip Hindley.
When I contacted the vendor he just said sorry couldn't wait..

His lack of communication and breaking his word which we shock hands on is shocking, its left me out of pocket and very angry.

I sold my boat, for the fist serious customer , which had payment ready.(not time waster)

I did wait 3 weeks time for Clive but he do not gave me any deposit!!!

I had no any guarantee, that I will see him again!!!

He was send message that he will take day off from his work on Friday, but he did not come.

Later he promises me come on Saturday, but he do not come!!!

And communication was very bad with him.

He too much mess around me!!!

I lost all my time to waiting for him!!!

Too much time wasters everywhere now.

After that he sending me massage with very vulgar worlds.

This message I keep for Police and Court.

I am very happy that the boat goes for the good, right people, not for him.

Theo's correct, it's an exception to the rule that a possessive contains an apostrophe. It applies to all three genders: His, Hers and Its.

"My aunts' pen" can also be correct, particularly if they live on a boat and are so enthusiastic about saving space aboard that they only have one pen between them. On this boat of course, they wouldn't need to worry because it's so big inside. It probably has a full size office.

To truly misuse the English language and give the grammar Nazis something to get their teeth into we need Eastern European Lady to turn up and contribute to the topic; I miss her.

wink.png

Fantastic post. Love the thought of a 45 foot boat full of aunts. could have one filling dish washer, one the washing machine etc. They d not get time to use that one pen they share.

This post appeared on the Just Canals facebook page yesterday about the seller of this boat -

Word to the wise to anyone buying off e bay seller "Rawson716" (Tysley Birmingham) his word can not be trusted! I was buying a 40 foot boat off him "maggies Kiss"(517667) for £17000, viewed first a month ago, agreed to buy it but he wanted CASH! , took a few days to sort the loan and then I had to make two trips to my bank as they will only pay out a maximum of £10000 per visit.missed closing time by 1 min so had to do it again last Friday, texted vendor to ask when I could collect the boat, only to be told," sorry we are on holiday, do it next (this)weekend.

In the mean time I had cleared my own boat ready to sell, booked a new mooring, paid my insurance and registered it with CART.

then yesterday I get a e mail from cart telling me I had sold it to a Phillip Hindley.

When I contacted the vendor he just said sorry couldn't wait..

His lack of communication and breaking his word which we shock hands on is shocking, its left me out of pocket and very angry.

Sounds like a lucky escape? Or did you mean you had paid over first tranche of cash?

I sold my boat, for the fist serious customer , which had payment ready.(not time waster)

He was send message that he will take day off from his work on Friday, but he did not come.

Welcome back.

Why didn't you answer my, and another's, question on your Ebay sale as to where we can view this boat?

Will you please state HERE where this boat can be viewed?

Will you also state what engine is fitted?

And can you please explain how I will be able to charge the batteries on the Thames at these not-present charging stations?

I'm not sure whether Clive is the person quoted by Robert Anthony, and can make a pretty good guess as to why East Europe Lady was not helpful to people wanting to view the boat and ask reasonable questions about the engine, but that's all water under the bridge now. Or under the "full sized" kitchen.

She's sold the boat! Well done her. "for the fist serious customer, which had payment ready". Has Julian Clary or Norman Lamont bought it?

Putting on a grammar Nazi hat and looking only at the first line (there are indeed errors galore, but there would be if I were writing in a foreign language), I think she probably means to instead of for, otherwise she means that Julian/Norman bought the boat, then she sold it on to someone else on their behalf as a broker.

I'm amazed that no one on here has seen this boat in the flesh somewhere....it's hard to miss!.....unless of course someone is very good with photoshop.......

Cheers

Gareth

Only my good manners prevent me from saying "RTFT" ;)

Check post 85.

I'm clearly gonna haff to get out my copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"...

ninja.gif

Mine

Yours

His

Hers

Its

Ours

Theirs

Apples and Pears.

Now that's uncanny. Rub the lantern and out she pops!

Sounds more East Asian to me. Or is it 'Tree' having a laugh? Talk about pantomime! Where's the boat? IT'S BEHIND YOU!!

I thought the boat had been sold to someone in Holland who was after a genuine Dutch barge?

I'm glad EEL found someone with a Fistful of Dollars, must have Made Her Day. Right Turn Clive!

I'm not sure whether Clive is the person quoted by Robert Anthony, and can make a pretty good guess as to why East Europe Lady was not helpful to people wanting to view the boat and ask reasonable questions about the engine, but that's all water under the bridge now. Or under the "full sized" kitchen.

She's sold the boat! Well done her. "for the fist serious customer, which had payment ready". Has Julian Clary or Norman Lamont bought it?

Putting on a grammar Nazi hat and looking only at the first line (there are indeed errors galore, but there would be if I were writing in a foreign language), I think she probably means to instead of for, otherwise she means that Julian/Norman bought the boat, then she sold it on to someone else on their behalf as a broker.

I doubt the 127K boat is sold for 17k it is not the same boat, the 127k have an invisible engine/motor and batteries along with the transparent solar panels

Cassius Clay, Ingemar Johansson and others had serious fist