Insurance

sal garfi

Featured Posts

Hello All,

I have just acquired my first boat. It's a ca 1970 Norman 23 GRP cruiser and I'd like to get some advice on insurers. Are there any firms that people prefer? Needless to say, I'm looking for something economical.

This boat has been a long time coming - hurrah!

Thanks,

Sal

Sal, this has been asked many,many times and if you get any answers they will be the same, everyone recommends the one they have or says do not touch them with a barge pole (usually because they have had a claim dismissed)

Try a search for insurance. wink.png

Hello All,

I have just acquired my first boat. It's a ca 1970 Norman 23 GRP cruiser and I'd like to get some advice on insurers. Are there any firms that people prefer? Needless to say, I'm looking for something economical.

This boat has been a long time coming - hurrah!

Thanks,

Sal

. Best bet mate just by a canal magazine, and look in the back couple of pages, I have a bit bigger yoghurt pot than you its 16 years younger than yours and I pay around a hundred pound a year with Newton crumb, craft insure seem a very popular insurer, but sadly none of us know how good any of them are until we try and claim,but fortunately most of us never have to as it's quite hard to crash at four miles an hour, hope that's of some help,welcome aboard and goodluck on your new adventure

. Best bet mate just by a canal magazine, and look in the back couple of pages, I have a bit bigger yoghurt pot than you its 16 years younger than yours and I pay around a hundred pound a year with Newton crumb, craft insure seem a very popular insurer, but sadly none of us know how good any of them are until we try and claim,but fortunately most of us never have to as it's quite hard to crash at four miles an hour, hope that's of some help,welcome aboard and goodluck on your new adventure

Thanks Crafty, and thanks for the good wishes!!

Thanks 'Bilge' and 'Pot'. I was talking later yesterday with the people I'm buying the boat from, and they have her insured until January 2016. they're going to see if they can transfer the insurance but I'm not certain if that's possible. Anyway, I'm glad that they're going to try. Failing that, I'll look into Newton Crum (that's a fantastic name!).

The boat's going to be used as a semi-liveaboard and I plan to moor her at Sawley near Nottingham. So when I cruise I'll be accessing the system from the Trent. Her name, at present is Joe Lee, but I plan to change that in the near future.

Hurrah!