Denver Relief Channel???

chunkyj

Featured Posts

Thinking of having a look down here later today or tomorrow but can't seem to find any information about it?

Most importantly being is it a tidal passage? We only have a small 15hp outboard on the cruiser so don't want to be getting into bother!

Thanks in advance for any advice information!

:D

Its great, but don't tell anyone!

Non tidal, normally loads of mooring at Downham, short walk to town for shops etc (Morrison supermarket if you need to stock up)

Stowbridge and Wignhal worth a look too, very quite and peaceful on the relief channel :)

I take that the terminal and screen at the lock where you are supposed to log your details is so the EA know who is down there if they have to open the sluices. If so, we are logged as being there for 3 months now as it wasn't working when we came back.

I take that the terminal and screen at the lock where you are supposed to log your details is so the EA know who is down there if they have to open the sluices. If so, we are logged as being there for 3 months now as it wasn't working when we came back.

FUBAR'D When we went there end of May :)

agree with the above. you also have the fun of being below sea level (most of the time). Well I find it fun ....

When we travel across the Levels I always smile when my eTrex shows -8' altitude once thru Ashline Lock.

The Holme Fen Post is also a fascinating indicator of the changing Fenland landscape, its top is now 4m odd above the ground!

Edited by gazza