Homeless living on canal & riversides

Ray T

Featured Posts

Mike you know there are only two answers.

A) tax and spend more

cool.png Go all out for growth in the economy, thus growing revenues naturally.

Trouble is the economy would have to grow at double the rates we normally enjoy. The NHS has a propensity to want to grow at about 10% a year.

A ) Doesn't work because enough of the cleverest, most productive people bugger off to live in places with lower taxes to reduce the total tax take.

B ) Works in theory. The quickest way to grow the economy is to import clever, productive people. Net contributors. Now how could that happen, I wonder...?

Mike, alas I agree with you and was very guilty of the former charge for many years, though I did opt to pay UK NI.

How about a novel approach to the second option.

Grant suitable candidates from anywhere free uni education. The 'catch' ?

You must undertake to work in the UK for five years post degree, seven years post masters degree. You can only apply for permission to leave after this time.

Might have to qualify this with a list of approved degrees.

Cat amongst pigeons or?

In all fairness Libdems have always been strong on Mental Health for example here is a document from 2012 long before any election https://fullfact.org/factchecks/mental_health_patients_equal_rights_timely_treatment-28614

in all fairness I give you that one and appologize for the whatever response it was a bit rude of me.

Maybe all the leaflets coming through my front door from Party Mp's promising the world have jaded my views on politics and the loss of a freind who took her own life after being made homeless by ruthless benefit removal.

Sorry

As Wanted said fast improvements in rough sleepers could be gained with better funding for Mental Health Services and Substance Misuse.

The biggest problem i am seeing day in day out is people being found fit for work while still under the mental health services but they are totally unfit for work, quite simply they have all their benefits removed from them including disability living allowance or PIP and also their ESA (support group) allowance which then leaves them with no right to claim full housing benefit or council Tax. = Homeless with serious MH Issues.

The goverment wants to cut down on the above benefits and Increase the number of people in work which i understand, but removing the above benefits from really poorly people is putting a lot of people onto the streets and pushing people into despair and often suicide.

What gets me is the goverment trys to promote better understanding of mental health Issues but with the other hand they are putting these very people onto the streets, they are corrupt as hell and so is Channel 4 Telivision for promoting hate towards people who are claiming benefits, they often only show the people who are taking the p1ss out of the benefits system and not the seriously ill.

i promise not to post anymore on this.

Rant Over LOL:argue:

Cruel but people supplying what you call substances, and I call drugs, or dope, should be liable for the hangman so noose as per Malaysia.

if you had given me a chance to reply and get out of the bath you would of seen why I wrote whatever.

whatever!

I am well aware of John and his whatever and as I say that is how it comes over to me no matter who posts it.

Incidentally you must put in a post when you are going for a bath otherwise I won't know and will reply when I read the post. A bit like I suspect you do, see something and reply. That is how forum discussions go.

I am well aware of John and his whatever and as I say that is how it comes over to me no matter who posts it.

Incidentally you must put in a post when you are going for a bath otherwise I won't know and will reply when I read the post. A bit like I suspect you do, see something and reply. That is how forum discussions go.

Ive seen a lot worse than a whatever on this forum, maybe its because I am new you picked me out, I have appologized to John.

ps I am going to the loo, so if you dont see another reply its because I am Bizzy with something.

is that better.?

Edited by brassedoff

You were saying it's all down to money.

My view is that no matter how much is spent on health services, it will never be enough. Increasing spending on mental health services reduces spending on physical health services. Someone has to set the ratio and they will always be criticised for setting it in the wrong place, wherever they set it.

The money cake have is the only cake available to be shared out. What we actually need is a bigger money cake. How to make the money cake bigger is the underlying problem.

I take the point about the Lib Dems but under Labour and Tory governments mental health was largely forgotten , difficult to measure with KPIs and waiting times I guess. In my view it's not all about money it's more about understanding and listening to what's needed by those on the ground and then allocated money accordingly.

Those responsible for allocating benefits also need to be be trained more about mental illness to save the unnecessary withdrawal of support or the rules need to be reviewed to take this into account.

Ive seen a lot worse than a whatever on this forum, maybe its because I am new you picked me out, I have appologized to John.

ps I am going to the loo, so if you dont see another reply its because I am Bizzy with something.

is that better.?

Lol.

You responded by implying I had been too impatient in replying, incidentally I don't expect people to reply quickly.. Mind reading is not one of my many talents so how was I to know you were in the bath?

You take things too personally. I replied to a whatever as I find them tedious and to be honest a little infantile. It could have been John or anyone else. It just happened to be you and the statement about the LIbdems happened to be true. I felt with your commendable concern for the MH services of this a country it was an even sillier than usual use of whatever so I replied to the post. I doubt John felt the need for your apology either.

Sorry if you felt I was getting at you personally.

Lol.

You responded by implying I had been too impatient in replying, incidentally I don't expect people to reply quickly.. Mind reading is not one of my many talents so how was I to know you were in the bath?

You take things too personally. I replied to a whatever as I find them tedious and to be honest a little infantile. It could have been John or anyone else. It just happened to be you and the statement about the LIbdems happened to be true. I felt with your commendable concern for the MH services of this a country it was an even sillier than usual use of whatever so I replied to the post. I doubt John felt the need for your apology either.

Sorry if you felt I was getting at you personally.

Hey it does not all have to be serious we can mix a bit of light humour in even on the most serious topics.

Anyway I dont need your approval to what I post get off my case, if you want to call me infantile use the pm function and lets chat about it, please dont broadcast it on the main forum.

When did you become Johns spokes person ?

Added : taking things too personal is a symptom of my mental health issues, you seem to of targeted me for one single word 'whatever', and as for saying I should tell people before I go for a bath when using a forum G Whizz are you for real ?

Edited by brassedoff

More money could be made available for those suffering from mental health issues if benefits given to people who aren't needy were curtailed.

Universal free t.v. licences and winter fuel payments for pensioners, then childcare for people who earn £150,000 a year spring easily to mind. I'm sure there are others.

More money could be made available for those suffering from mental health issues if benefits given to people who aren't needy were curtailed.

Universal free t.v. licences and winter fuel payments for pensioners, then childcare for people who earn £150,000 a year spring easily to mind. I'm sure there are others.

I call you on that one. I don't think people on £150k qualify for childcare allowances of any sort! Happy to be shown otherwise though, if you can. And if so, yes it's iniquitous.

There is some merit in what you say - but I seem to remember seeing some stats which suggested that means-testing to decide who was eligible for these perquisites would be so labour-intensive that no money would be saved.

Then again, I have also heard that there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

As strange reply to somebody pointing out that not all political parties hadn't forgotten mental health. They may not have done as much as you would like or made enough "noise" about it in your opinion, but what John says is fact.

"Whatever" in my experience is the reply of somebody who is unprepared to accept a point but having no proof it is wrong.

Just they way your "Whatever" came over to me.

I seem to recall that "whatever" is a phrase beloved of Cotswoldman when he runs out of arguments. And I have just noticed that MTB has said the same. What goes around comes around.

My daughter earns considerably less than £150K (A LOT less) and doesn't qualify for any sort of help with her childcare.

Where have you pulled that one from?

Just out of interest on that basis who is going to look after the sick in London? My Daughters friend who has been a nurse in London for about 5 years receives housing benefit. There is going to be a big nursing shortage in London soon as nurses recruited from abroad are not going to be allowed to claim housing benefit for 2 years. One hospital has allready said the only solution is to put them in hotels for 2 years

I doubt that was this nurse's concern especially as she has now returned to Uganda.

Her concern was to give her children a secure loving home and a good education.

Much as I can see the bigger picture you highlight, my concern would be to secure the best life for my family.

If everyone voted with their feet and looked for similar jobs to those they hold in London (I'm talking mainstream jobs here not those specific to the City) then the need for so many nurses, bin men, policemen in London would diminish.

Incentives for big businesses to base their headquarters in other areas of the UK would do the same so perhaps instead of shoring up a crumbling system we should be seeking more sustainable and cost effective alternatives.

Child benefit has been means tested since 2013 and if someone earns more than £60k they don't get any.

Edited by abraxus

My daughter earns considerably less than £150K (A LOT less) and doesn't qualify for any sort of help with her childcare.

Where have you pulled that one from?

I asked the same, in post 217.

No response yet!

Incentives for big businesses to base their headquarters in other areas of the UK would do the same so perhaps instead of shoring up a crumbling system we should be seeking more sustainable and cost effective alternatives.

I think that's been the case for a long time though. Apart from financial institutions and ad agencies, many big businesses have their HQ outside of London these days.