Homeless living on canal & riversides

Ray T

Featured Posts

Theirs too many homeless in city centre, lack of funding and services i recon. its not right, but the flood gates are not helping either.

Fair enough. You're right about the floodgates, despite many denying that immigration is a factor in the housing shortage. It clearly is.

As a big number are ex forces how about the government follow the USA example and actually look after those that leave the forces to help the readjust to civilian life

Well said Cotswold man

Edited by spannerman

As a big number are ex forces how about the government follow the USA example and actually look after those that leave the forces to help the readjust to civilian life

Well said Cotswold man

100% agree, the amount of homeless ex service people is rediculous, they do actually get priority housing now. some may think thats wrong.

the amount of ex forces who cant deal with civvy life is high and a lot end up in prison or with substance misuse issues sleeping rough.

they offer resettlement courses and training i.e to be a bus driver which my dad taught, that is not resettlement, some need emotional adjustment and long term therapy.

The USA still have it wrong in my book, they hand out Seroquel/Quitiapine Anti-psychotic for PTSD, the max aloud is 600mg in the uk which is what i take, in america their answer to PTSD is 1200mg and Seroquel is now nicknames Sero-Kill which is killing fit and healthy but not mentally stable soldiers. (conspiracy theory - do they prescibe this to save money in looking after ex us soldiers in hope they die)

We live in a controlled society but we may not know it sometimes.

Edited by brassedoff

You say that regularly, along with 'yawn' and 'whatever'. Classic words to use, when you don't have an answer that wouldn't stand the scrutiny of reason or logic.

He's lost the argument and doesn't have anything more to say, but can't resist "having the last word", seemingly oblivious of how he comes across.

The housing crisis caused by immigration? In the minds of the simple, yes. In the real world. No.

I'd say it is caused by a rising population. How does that happen?!

Does net immigration raise the population, or reduce it?

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

The housing crisis caused by immigration? In the minds of the simple, yes. In the real world. No.

It's caused by an imbalance of the population and the housing available to accommodate them. I made a fortune from this and it's why I have been able to retire aged 55, but it doesn't mean I think it is right.

Immigration is largely irrelevant, it would be no different if there had never been any immigration at all, but couples went from the habit of having two children to having four children, without any attendant increase in infrastructure . Common sense dictates that twenty years down the line there would be problems.

It's caused by an imbalance of the population and the housing available to accommodate them. I made a fortune from this and it's why I have been able to retire aged 55, but it doesn't mean I think it is right.

Immigration is largely irrelevant, it would be no different if there had never been any immigration at all, but couples went from the habit of having two children to having four children, without any attendant increase in infrastructure . Common sense dictates that twenty years down the line there would be problems.

Exactly !

Their is a PC Game called Sim City its been around for years.

Another of your fallacies.

The birth rate in the UK is less than 2, the rate needed to maintain a static population. Hence the government's need for immigration to grow the population.

"The total fertility rate for England and Wales (see background note 3) decreased in 2013 to an average of 1.85 children per woman from 1.94 in 2012."

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/birth-summary-tables--england-and-wales/2013/stb-births-in-england-and-wales-2013.html#tab-Live-Births--Numbers-and-Rates-

D'you know what? At times this forum is controlled by a foul smelling bile filed spite faced humanoid population who would rather massage their own rancid exsistance Than to offer their fellow man a hand up in life.

Conversely thery are people who get the fact that their boat is but one faction of their lives and would happily adapt to the need of this wonderful life mess that we attribute to.

I'm glad I have set out my tent pegs, but boy am I bored by the posturing that continues.

In short, Pha!

• Greenie 3

D'you know what? At times this forum is controlled by a foul smelling bile filed spite faced humanoid population who would rather massage their own rancid exsistance Than to offer their fellow man a hand up in life.

Conversely thery are people who get the fact that their boat is but one faction of their lives and would happily adapt to the need of this wonderful life mess that we attribute to.

I'm glad I have set out my tent pegs, but boy am I bored by the posturing that continues.

In short, Pha!

Beer, wine, spirits?

And in what way do you think society would be harmed if the population didn't increase?

I don't. But governments do.

Governments always desire more power. More men for their armies, more workers to pay more taxes. More influence in world politics. So more immigration rather than less is in any government's interest, whatever they might say about reducing immigration to the tens of thousands.

Basic political theory.

I don't. But governments do.

Governments always desire more power. More men for their armies, more workers to pay more taxes. More influence in world politics. So more immigration rather than less is in any government's interest, whatever they might say about reducing immigration to the tens of thousands.

Basic political theory.

Mtb i have never challened your thinking but i hope you are ok with what i am about to say.

I see everyone as a person no matter what country or colour or background they come from, but the fact is their is only so much money within the goverment honeypot and if at the end of the day the country is paying more out to keep everyone housed and the honey pot is not being topped up enough to keep that going then you end up with NHS Services Cuts/Social Housing Cuts/Support Benefit Cuts.

You can have an island full of people, but no money to fund defending the country in a time of war and conflict or terrorism.

And This is why they have just cut Tax Credits/and increased the Defence Budget.

you cant fight a war with no money no matter how many people you have on your island.

DONT OVER EGG THE CAKE IS WHAT I MEAN,

Edited by brassedoff

Good on Stockport. It's a pity that neighbouring Manchester don't seem to have the same policies. Rather, they hound a group of homeless people through the courts, forcing them to move from place to place. I mean, where are they supposed to go?

Similarly, in the southern Conservative controlled Councils you will be informed that they can provide absolutely no help for a homeless male <60 years old with no disabilities.

Britain is now reduced to the standards of a 'third world country'. The rich only desire to become richer and, unlike their predecessors, the 'nouveau riche' treat their employees as slaves not as, previously, respected members of their household.

I would not like to sleep in a hostel with the many occupants who were previously accommodated by a fully staffed hospital before they were released into 'community care' or risk contracting TB. Most likely the street sleepers would rather risk a quiet death by hypothermia? A 'bender' tucked away in the woods is better option.

Alan

Mtb i have never challened your thinking but i hope you are ok with what i am about to say.

I see everyone as a person no matter what country or colour or background they come from, but the fact is their is only so much money within the goverment honeypot and if at the end of the day the country is paying more out to keep everyone housed under the EU agreement and the honey pot its not being topped up enough to keep that going then you end up with NHS Services Cuts/Social Housing Cuts/Support Benefit Cuts.

You can have an island full of people, but no money to fund defending the country in a time of war and conflict or terrorism.

And This is why they have just cut Tax Credits/and increased the Defence Budget.

you cant fight a war with no money no matter how many people you have on your island.

It isn't my thinking. I was explaining how governments think.

I offered no opinion.