Yet another strange boat on eBay

Peter X

Featured Posts

I came across this sort of unfinished looking cruiser thing, located in Darvel (Google says East Fife, Scotland) which looks as if it would fit on some inland waterways. Starting at 99p with no bids yet, maybe a bargain for the right person. The refreshingly honest seller only says:

Big Boat inherited with some land that I got. I know absolutely nothing about boats and have know idea what this one is. It's big, it's long and it's black/dark grey in colour. It looks like a slightly dirty scaled down version of Noah's Ark! Thats about as much as I can tell you. First to come and collect gets. Just want it away.

He would do well to include some basic information such as beam etc. measurements, whether it has an engine and so on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Big-Boat/111722030393?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3D0978036fec9749d3b810bb2c5c626103%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D201394015143

I am sure it is a Ferro Cemet (concrete) motor sailer. There were a lot built some years ago I think.

I would agree, I use to drive past one of these under construction on my way to work in 1971 - it never advanced to completion as the couple building it were involved in a fatal accident.

They are of ferro concete construction and take ages to 'cure' properly.

L2 - good to see you earlier in the week.

L.

Deffo a lumpy water boat - I was thinking ferro concrete, but on second look I think more likely to be GRP. The topsides are definitely not FC and it looks like one lump. It has a bit of a look of a Westerley Centaur about it - but it isn't.

Certainly nothing I would put anywhere near an inland waterway.

I came across this sort of unfinished looking cruiser thing, located in Darvel (Google says East Fife, Scotland) which looks as if it would fit on some inland waterways. Starting at 99p with no bids yet, maybe a bargain for the right person. The refreshingly honest seller only says:

Peter, I'm not aware of a Darvel in east fife(I grew up in east fife).

I think it might be Darvel in Ayrshire, near Kilmarnock on the west side of the country.