Gearbox and drive issues

Featured Posts

I like the annual reoccurrence of the "eyeballs in the sky" stories in the Perishers.

They are rather old and yellowed, before decimalisation, but I have the complete Rock Pool saga of that year. The first two episodes:

19442701798_e9262049de_b.jpgPerishers

Edited by Ray T

Unfortunately this sounds typical of the "engineers" that RCR send out.

Interesting... On a recent thread about whether RCR cover was worth having several people were raving about how great they were.

This thread makes them sound like a bunch of bodgers! laugh.png

Interesting... On a recent thread about whether RCR cover was worth having several people were raving about how great they were.

This thread makes them sound like a bunch of bodgers! :lol:

I think it's pot luck especially when the sub it out to contractors....they don't seem to have much in the way of quality control systems in place.....a shame really.....although I was a member once I won't be renewing anytime soon.

Cheers

Gareth

Our gearbox (PRM150D2) went a few weeks ago just as we were coming into Fall Ings lock, fortunately from the upstream side. RCR's own Engineers were tied up so they got in a guy from Hebden Bridge. Our gear box was replaced with a refurbished gear box fitted with no fuss. Talked to several people as to whether a refurbished gear box was wise, the verdict was that a refurbished unit would be fine though RCR would have fitted a new one with me just paying the price difference.

Last time we called out RCR was some 10 years ago, getting to us took longer this time, but was pleased with what they did.

Sounds like RCR will soon be moving into a permanent office which is not near a fireworks factory, I suspect that will be a good thing.

Thank you all for your helpfull and informed advice.

Back on the boat with the plate/gearbox refitted in my absence, the other owner was in attendance and apparently the 'engineer' said that two of the bolts fixing the gearbox to the mounting plate had sheared, curious that he did not comment on this when he removed the gearbox whilst I was there? Still claiming hitting an underwater object was the cause of the problem so "tis' a mystery - but it all works out in the end"

Cheers

David

Thank you all for your helpfull and informed advice.

Back on the boat with the plate/gearbox refitted in my absence, the other owner was in attendance and apparently the 'engineer' said that two of the bolts fixing the gearbox to the mounting plate had sheared, curious that he did not comment on this when he removed the gearbox whilst I was there? Still claiming hitting an underwater object was the cause of the problem so "tis' a mystery - but it all works out in the end"

Cheers

David

Glad you got sorted eventually.