Too easy Peach Cobbler

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Takes all of 10 minutes to make and 30 to cook - just too easy for a quick dessert

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon baking powder

mix the above in a bowl - pour into a 8 x 8 baking tin

1/2 cup melted salted butter - pour over the top of the batter do not mix

top with 1 tin of sliced peaches

cook in oven for apporx 30 min or until golden brown on top

Enjoy

** if your watching your belt notches you can cut back a bit on the sugar icecream.gif

Unfortunately my gas oven can only manage 220 degrees. You may be using that old fashioned Fahrenheit scale? 350F is (350-32)1.8=177C or Gas Mark 4.

As a singleton I sometimes substitute my evening meal with a sweet dish like pancakes. Your peach cobbler is a lot less effort.

Alan

LOL - sorry Alan, yes it''s 350 F or gas mark 4 (I had mine on 5 though as I find it doesn't heat up enough at 4)

Yes Sue I drained the juice out of the can before putting the peaches on top of the melted butter

I can't stress just how easy it was - I didn't even sift the flour clapping.gif

I'd say the calories in the sugar are dwarfed by the half a cup of BUTTER!

Granted if I'm making a cobbler for dinner - we tend to forgo on the bacon scarnies for b'fast that day...

besides I said it was really easy to make; not really healthy ...sheeeeeesh icecream.gif

Oh sorry about the measurements Sue - I'm afraid I'm rather old school when it comes to cooking measurements - I should have put it in both Imperial and Metric

Yes plain flour is what I used, mine also was still quite moist in the centre, but I let it rest for an hour before dipping it up and it seemed fine. Going to try it again tomorrow with a half a bag of mixed berries I have in the freezer that I want to use up. Will let you know how it turns out.

Oh sorry about the measurements Sue - I'm afraid I'm rather old school when it comes to cooking measurements - I should have put it in both Imperial and Metric

Yes plain flour is what I used, mine also was still quite moist in the centre, but I let it rest for an hour before dipping it up and it seemed fine. Going to try it again tomorrow with a half a bag of mixed berries I have in the freezer that I want to use up. Will let you know how it turns out.

It was lovely and I ate too much of it. Weights would be good doesn't matter whether Fahrenheit or centigrade :-))

• 3 weeks later...

Well the first one I made using mixed berries was a hit...to the point he's asked that I make another one. And yes Bazza, I remembered to take a pic this time.

This is it straight out of the oven, will let it cool down and have it for dessert tonight with some Ice Cream icecream.gif I cut back a bit on the butter this time as well (Mike made me feel guilty) actually I didn't measure it properly and couldn't be asked to melt any more smile.png

post-20365-0-81098600-1438186308_thumb.jpg

• Greenie 1