2L2

Gardner

Featured Posts

My 2l2 has started weeping oil from the head gasket in two or three places after some 3000 hrs of use. Does this necessitate a new head gasket? Or would a re torque of the head bolts be worth considering? Any advice appreciated especially from any one with previous experience of this problem.

Ha ha, you havnt seen mine recently then....

The amount of oil is very small, not even enough to have to top up between services.

It just doesnt look cosmetically nice.

I have tried retorquing head bolts with no joy.

Keep us posted as if you find a solution, I may follow.

Hi,

The 2LW in my boat has a small oil leak at one point - the engine has run 2800 hours. I generally wipe the oil off as necessary.

Annoying I know, but it adds to the character of LG's finest.

I was considering re-torquing the head nuts but I think (after Matty's comments) I will wait for the 'numbers' to come up, have the engine removed and re-built, painted and polished by Martyn1 and Steamraiser at MES.

L.

Hi,

The 2LW in my boat has a small oil leak at one point - the engine has run 2800 hours. I generally wipe the oil off as necessary.

Annoying I know, but it adds to the character of LG's finest.

I was considering re-torquing the head nuts but I think (after Matty's comments) I will wait for the 'numbers' to come up, have the engine removed and re-built, painted and polished by Martyn1 and Steamraiser at MES.

L.

Out of interest, what do you consider the numbers for overhaul/rebuild?

Out of interest, what do you consider the numbers for overhaul/rebuild?

Those used on the 'Euro thingy' .........or the 'Lotto thingy' or from my friend 'Ernie'.....

L