Wightwick manor - is it worth a visit?

boots

Featured Posts

Hi,

we will shortly be heading off on a two week cruise and will be passing through Autherley Junction. I notice that we could take a detour down the Staffs & Worcs to visit 'Wightwick Manor' (looks like it is about 1.5 hours from Autherley with a winding hole nearby.)

Just wondering if any one has been - is it worth the trip? any hints on where to moor (would be heading back up to Autherley) for easy access to the manor and/or confirm the timings from Autherley?

appreciate any comments,

cheers,

Martin

An excellent "Arts and Crafts" home. The previous owner was Mr. Manders of Manders paint I believe. It's now National Trust.

An excellent "Arts and Crafts" home. The previous owner was Mr. Manders of Manders paint I believe. It's now National Trust.

One of my favourite National Trust properties and I think well worth a detour.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

I went round it last Tuesday. Extremely interesting, especially since I didn't have to pay! But I did buy a heron made out of scrap metal by Africans (sorry I don't know what country).

And very nice it looked would have been good on the front of Cygnet a sort of figurehead