'Cair Paravel' is finally named!

Chagall

Featured Posts

That looks beautiful! You must be dead chuffed

Oh I so am! ...now when I said its finished there is just a bit more to do on the back deck and doors... laugh.png

Very very nice, who did it?

Peter Wells. Local sign-writer. (Garstang) Superb attention to detail.

Yes it was named after the castle in Narnia, so it is my safe haven. I loved the books from childhood and still read them along with Tolkien's middle earth books...no newer fantasy story, in my opinion, can touch them for creating such vivid other worlds.

The lion is of course Aslan and the branch has the silver apple.

It's lovely, and very stylish - did you design it?

LCx

Partly, the basis of the lions head and the branch came from an American web site devoted to all things C.S. Lewis, I wrote to the owner and she was delighted to give permission to use the logo and Peter embellished it with the Narnia font et cetera.

Oh I so am! ...now when I said its finished there is just a bit more to do on the back deck and doors... laugh.png

Sorry on a family holiday and dipping in the forum occasionally :) I remember the first paint job that bubbled and wasn't what you hoped for back in 2010 when we visited you at Galgate - if it's any consolation there's still a lot of jobs that needed doing on Iona then that still need doing :D

• 2 weeks later...

Stylish signwriting indeed, but why has she got two different names?

Cair Paravel is the boat name, and it should have been with the logo but to have the heraldic lion head the size I wanted meant there just wasn't the space.