SM Hudson Owners

Beerboat

Featured Posts

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have a SM Hudson boat 57' plus, with engine room and boatmans cabin built within say the last 5 years and would allow me to view there boat to help with a boat build on my unfinished Hudson shell?

Would be very much appreciated.

Regards

John

Hi John

There is a nearly complete Hudson still at Glascote being finished off. I was there today to have a look around and to discuss the lettering and decorative requirements. You may well recall Martin, the manager....if you give me a PM I'll let you have his number. No idea what he might say, but it's worth an ask, maybe. This is a trad style boat with boatman's cabin, engine room etc.

Cheers

Dave

What are you trying to find out, the details of how the fit out goes together?

Are you looking for hints on the way the fit works in the Boatmans cabin and engine room or general as there a number build blogs that you can piece together how the fit works if you hunt for them?

The rest of the shell has many different types of fit possible and I would hazard a guess that even though you will find similar elements in the same style they are custom built boats.

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have a SM Hudson boat 57' plus, with engine room and boatmans cabin built within say the last 5 years and would allow me to view there boat to help with a boat build on my unfinished Hudson shell?

Would be very much appreciated.

Regards

John

You are welcome to look at mine. I'm presently on the Leeds and Liverpool canal though at Barnoldswick. I believe you have already seen my build blog, but in addition I have photo's of other part finished SMH boats including JP3 engine fits.

Although Steve tended to stick with tried and tested materials and fit-outs, he was steered to some degre by his customers. For example, I specified a quadrant shower where previously he had always fitted square base ones. I noticed several boats following mine had the same. There was also a trend towards Avonite and Corian worktops in the galley/bathroom rather than the cheaper laminates.