Injector pipe leak

guelrose

Featured Posts

A few weeks ago I had a reconditioned injector pump fitted. I have recently noticed that there was a small leak from one of the injector pipe unions where it is fitted to the pump. I have now fitted a new injector pipe and there is still a small leak. Any suggestions as to how to stop the leak please?

No suggestions as to how stop it leaking I'm afraid. Mine leaked from when I bought my boat up until the day I sold it last week. I had tried everything, new pipe different injector. If you have to put any strain on the pipe to get it to fit on to the injector then the pipe and the injector are misaligned. That could cause it but of course if the injector pump has been moved then, because the pipe is not flexible, that would put a certain amount of strain on the pipe anyway. A tiny nick in the pipe flare or the seat that the pipe sits in could cause it. Only cure for that would a different pipe or a different injector. But as I say I tried all of that and it still leaked. The injector that was leaking on mine was number one cylinder so eventually I put a container underneath to catch the drips. I suppose if it is leaking badly you will have to do something about it. Not only will it make a mess in the bilge it will also introduce air into the system and cause a misfire or even stop the engine from firing all together.

If Tony Brooks reads this maybe he will have a suggestion but I failed wholeheartedly to stop mine from leaking.

Just realised it's at the pump that it is leaking. Everything else I said still applies though except that instead of another injector it would mean a different pipe union on the injector pump.

Edited by pete.i

A few weeks ago I had a reconditioned injector pump fitted. I have recently noticed that there was a small leak from one of the injector pipe unions where it is fitted to the pump. I have now fitted a new injector pipe and there is still a small leak. Any suggestions as to how to stop the leak please?

If it still leaks with a new pipe that suggests either the seating on the pump is damaged, or that it is actually leaking from the pump itself. Perhaps you should tsake it up with the reconditioner.

The usual problems that cause this are a split "flare/olive" on the end of the pipe or the same thing flattened by long term over tightening but in this case a new pipe rules this out.

Did the OP carefully and slightly bend new pipe to ensure the "olives" were absolutely square to the injector pump connection (and injector connection) before fitting?

The DPA pump uses extension pipes secured to the pump with banjos and copper washers. Is the OP absolutely sure it is not a leak on the banjo running down to the pipe union?

No other suggestions.