How to identify fishermen

RLWP

Featured Posts

They can have tent across towpath, 2-3 large fishing sticks rods, nets, camoflague gear and set themselves up at Marina entrance..so that those wishing to walk dogs have to detour around behind them.

They normally grunt as apposed to use recognisable english and can be quite surly assertive if "their" space is disturbed.

They are a species to be avoided

They take great delight in drowning maggots. Why this has to be done on t'cut and not at home in a cupful of water, keeping their wives company, is beyond me. Would save them a fortune.

last one I encountered (that was memorable) had decided that a winding hole was the perfect fishing spot.

He was most upset when I wanted to wind, uttered a long string of expletives about boats and said he was going to "chuck a load of barbed wire in next time"

he went quiet when I pointed out that would mean there was a likelihood of a boat being stuck in his preferred fishing spot.

I must admit that I used a little more throttle than needed after the conversation

Have to say as much as I enjoy this site some of the postings above are so rude. I feel ashamed at times reading your posts.

Ian.

I'm afraid that I made a mistake starting this thread

Richard