Pet sub-section

DHutch

Should we add a pet section.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a pet section.

• No, we are a boat forum and already have to many sections and none boat topics.
    • No, I am happy to talk about pets but we don't need another section for it.
    • Ambivalent, I do not mind if we have a new section or not.
    • Yes, we talk talk about pets so might as well have a place for it to be.
    • Yes, canalworld is not complete without it, this is a very import addition.
    • I only ever view the site using the VNC button, so it doesn't effect me.

Featured Posts

Its been suggested that we could have a section for boaters pets, I am torn as we already have a fair few sections, however to decide I see no better way than to put it to the forum as a whole.

Hence this thread/poll.

Please place you vote and then add comments/suggestions below including where in the forum layout it could go if we had one.

Daniel

I cant see why not,they are part of our boating lives, give us joy to be with and some have pets as there only companion for boating or living with.

Would be good to see other folks boating pets.

wolly

oh and it would fit in the General section i reckon.

Edited by W+T

I think pets are important on land and on boats, and many people considering a move from land to boats, would be interested in how boaters deal with all pet stuff. Threads about peoples pets, have always shown a lot of interest, and I think it would make CWDF more interesting, and attract a range of new members who currently only see the "uglier" side of boating life.......such as licencing issues, boat maintenance etc. Seeing different folk's animals, also gives a much wider appreciation for the members themselves.........

I'd also say under General....

Edited by DeanS

Well I'm a definite yes for this one,

They are a great Talking point, Ice breaker, and have been on and or around boats through the ages, a MASSIVE part of a lot of members lives, and I would wager even enhanced our boating experiences to some degree.

As to where - Maybe a Living, or Pets,Fishing, Cycling,Walking as it might bring more attention to the other groups in the heading !.

The poll is a great idea to show interest or not as the case maybe.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

As a VNC person, it's not really going to effect me in picking up the thread.

However, I strongly agree with everything Dean has said in his reply. Well maybe not so much about attracting new members, but all the rest of it is spot on IMO.

I think it could go in either the Pub or General, both would be suitable IMO

Yes a pet section would be good, those who don't have or are not into pets can give it a miss while we who worship at the feet of all things furry and feathered can indulge ourselves.

Boating is not all about spanners and batteries.

Phil

Yes i am waiting also for the new section, plenty of votes for it, ill show you all my little girl, love of my life :))) sorry T your my main love :)