John sergeant

luggsy

Featured Posts

He came onto my boat (hired Shire cruiser) on Sunday and they filmed him down Gauxholme Locks into Tod. He is a really nice friendly guy with a good team working with him. The camera man just loved the locks and the railway bridge there and spent lots of time filming the bridge the boat and the Pennine scenery. John Seargent steered the boat himself and did quite a good job of if. I know continuity isn't their strong point but as he said they are aiming at a broader audience not just canal buffs like us!

We did encounter him a few days earlier on the Peak Forest so he is obviously doing a program about that too.

• 8 months later...

It's a shame they cancelled the bit on the Lancaster as we watched him do a piece in Lancaster Basin. He spotted our dog in it's box on the rear hatch and he asked his crew to reverse the boat and shoot it again including Oliver in the footage. He called over and told us it would be broadcast this year.

Isn't the producer going to have continuity problems in the real world from Todmorden? Although it sounds as if CRT plus volunteers are doing their best, there were several major problems arising from the Boxing Day flood on the Rochdale (both sides of Todmorden) and the Calder & Hebble which as far as I can tell from the forum haven't yet been cleared? Has anyone yet got a boat past the point just above lock 12 where Foxy and I ran aground? Then there's that landslip further up, the bridge at Elland, and some major damage on the Lancashire side too?