Where are all the volockies...?

Rob-M

Featured Posts

They are definitely at Hillmorton today judging by comments on Facebook. There is a story of one of them physically grabbing boaters and their windlass..... shocking.

Have you a link or which site is this on? Thanks

I wouldn't say no to a volunteer doing a lock for me, but I can't see any reason why CRT would invest time and effort in it, what is the point ? If they were painting stuff or cutting hedges I would see a good job being done, but I've never wanted CRT to do my locks for me. I can't think of a worse waste of volunteer man hours.

We could use volunteers to fill our water tank, empty the Elsan and shoot the 1000 Canadian geese that have hissed at us.

Volalkies?

Vodka please?!

They are definitely at Hillmorton today judging by comments on Facebook. There is a story of one of them physically grabbing boaters and their windlass..... shocking.

TDG would say "Where's your evidence for this?", and Cotswoldsman would ask for the statistics. :)

We could use volunteers to fill our water tank, empty the Elsan and shoot the 1000 Canadian geese that have hissed at us.

Vodka please?!

TDG would say "Where's your evidence for this?", and Cotswoldsman would ask for the statistics. smile.png

They could setup a boat valeting service asking for donations only while we wait for our water tank to be filled.

Maybe should have posted that in the CRT fundraising thread ;)

They could setup a boat valeting service asking for donations only while we wait for our water tank to be filled.

Maybe should have posted that in the CRT fundraising thread wink.png

I can envisage the signs already: "Hand boat wash £5".

I can envisage the signs already: "Hand boat wash £5".

If they were to throw in a polish for another fiver I'd take them up on it smile.png

Didn't come across any on the Lee & Stort, but had them at Camden Locks, one of the other locks in London, but I forget which one and we've had volunteers on two of the GU locks since Bull's Bridge. We are only at Hemel Hampstead

Edited by Bettie Boo

`seen them at Braunston occasionally but never on the gates that are nigh impossible for sis to open..I encourage her from boat.

The ones at Hilmorton have on the whole seemed very pleasant and are there much more often particularly during the repair.

none about today as we came through. Laplander turned a paddle for us though.

There were two very helpful Voluntary lock keepers at Hilmorten the week before last, and another equally helpful pair at Atherstone, but after that all the way up the Staffs and Worcester and Shropshire, where they would have been useful, there were none at all.

There was one today at the Audlem flight top lock as we passed through. He told us he only looks after the top two locks for about an hour most mornings.

Ken

I was VLK'ing at Stenson all day today with my VLK colleagues. Friday - Monday we're there, rain or shine.

Was that you today (1 bottom gate not fully opening etc) in which case, thanks for helping get us down. Pity you didn't impound the Dutch Barge ahead though, as it was holding everyone up!

Was that you today (1 bottom gate not fully opening etc) in which case, thanks for helping get us down. Pity you didn't impound the Dutch Barge ahead though, as it was holding everyone up!

It was indeed me and my fellow VLK Mick! The CRT heavies turned out swiftly and between us all we got the bottom gate sorted!

Apart from there being a fair amount of chaos when a boater wanted to wind above the bottom lock when all the display boats escaping from Braunston were going through, the one volunteer on duty is the sort of person who is highly unlikely to grab anyone, far more likely to let them get on with it and come back when it all calms down. So has anyone substantiated this alleged incident yet?

Does anyone know of locks where I can volunteer to be 'grabbed'? Sounds enticing.

I'm sure it could be arranged.

Meanwhile it seems you can use this forum to anonymously make an assault allegation against a CRT Volunteer without having to produce a scrap of evidence AND without the thread being deleted.

Apologies I'm not at you call I was working. Here is the Screenshot. Maybe it wasn't the volunteer who you think it was. However, this happened, and is potentially a bad situation on the side of the volunteer. Many different people had issues with the same person. I hope this goes someway to appease you obvious upset. Kind regards

Dan

2015-06-30%2010.58.28_zpspk70y9na.png