Forum Funding - Update.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...

Firstly, can I thank everyone who has donated and or set up a scheduled payment so far, as well as everyone who has donated historically either online or at gatherings.

If you have not seen it yet, Mtb recently created a thread in which he championed people to set up a monthly payment to the site to cover its running, specifically the recent move to new and improved but also more expensive hosting to secure the future of the site.

[Click here for the thread]

During this time myself and the team also took Ange up on her offer of becoming the sites accountant, she has spent the last week going through various records. This work is ongoing, but I wanted to feedback some of the date we do have.

Following feedback on the fact that the existing donations button only allowed automatic payments to be setup monthly, I have added a second button below this which allows an annual subscription of either £12 or £24/year. I cant find an obvious way of allowing a user-set yearly donation option, but can add other annual values if people would like, and will look further into this

[Click here for the page containing the buttons]

##

Cutting to the chase, the response has been excellent, both in terms of donations and the support and suggestions in the following posts.

Ange has the exact figures, however to day we have raised.

- £85/month in reoccurring fees, typically monthly payments of £1-5, with some later annual payments.

- £400 in one off fees, typically £10-20 payments, but also a number of larger payments.

- Multiple promises to make regular 'one-off' payments in future, or move onto automated yearly payments.

Exact prices depend somewhat on the amount of disk space and bandwidth the site uses, as well as the exchange rate to USD for the software payments, however at present the site running costs are around £100/month of which 80% of which the hosting.

So in summary, assuming a low drop-out rate on the scheduled payments, and around least £15/month or 35% re-occurrence in the one-off payments we have met the running costs with the donations which is fantastic news for the site.

I hope donations will continue to come forwards over the coming weekend and going forwards, while will allow the site to build a small surplus should we encounter fluctuations in running costs, but all in all very positive indeed.

All of the staff put in a huge amount of work in maintain the site, with the recent host move seeing spike in time put in by myself and Paul on the technical site as well additional moderator work in mopping up posting errors caused by slow page response and its great to see that work appreciated and that members are so keen to support the future of the site.

Daniel

Thought I would just bump this

• 2 months later...

Firstly, can I thank everyone who has donated and or set up a scheduled payment so far, as well as everyone who has donated historically either online or at gatherings.

If you have not seen it yet, Mtb recently created a thread in which he championed people to set up a monthly payment to the site to cover its running, specifically the recent move to new and improved but also more expensive hosting to secure the future of the site.

[Click here for the thread]

During this time myself and the team also took Ange up on her offer of becoming the sites accountant, she has spent the last week going through various records. This work is ongoing, but I wanted to feedback some of the date we do have.

Following feedback on the fact that the existing donations button only allowed automatic payments to be setup monthly, I have added a second button below this which allows an annual subscription of either £12 or £24/year. I cant find an obvious way of allowing a user-set yearly donation option, but can add other annual values if people would like, and will look further into this

[Click here for the page containing the buttons]

##

Cutting to the chase, the response has been excellent, both in terms of donations and the support and suggestions in the following posts.

Ange has the exact figures, however to day we have raised.

- £85/month in reoccurring fees, typically monthly payments of £1-5, with some later annual payments.

- £400 in one off fees, typically £10-20 payments, but also a number of larger payments.

- Multiple promises to make regular 'one-off' payments in future, or move onto automated yearly payments.

Exact prices depend somewhat on the amount of disk space and bandwidth the site uses, as well as the exchange rate to USD for the software payments, however at present the site running costs are around £100/month of which 80% of which the hosting.

So in summary, assuming a low drop-out rate on the scheduled payments, and around least £15/month or 35% re-occurrence in the one-off payments we have met the running costs with the donations which is fantastic news for the site.

I hope donations will continue to come forwards over the coming weekend and going forwards, while will allow the site to build a small surplus should we encounter fluctuations in running costs, but all in all very positive indeed.

All of the staff put in a huge amount of work in maintain the site, with the recent host move seeing spike in time put in by myself and Paul on the technical site as well additional moderator work in mopping up posting errors caused by slow page response and its great to see that work appreciated and that members are so keen to support the future of the site.

Daniel

that's a good idea Ditchcrawler

BUMP

(this time it's my turn to)