To Boston And Back

Featured Posts

Some good stuff here - like to see some more photos...... I sus'pose being on the waterways you can't upload easily.

I never think of taking photos but Jeff does so I'll steal some from his iPhone! Uploading is dead easy these days with the new attachment process.

Purple narrowboat Blip moored up on lock landing above Beeston lock, within the length of his boat are 3 no mooring signs, and also 2 no fishing signs and yet he is also fishing from the pontoon. When I congratulated him on managing to breach both signs and obstruct the lock landing he was adamant it was 48 hrs. What are these people on? Maybe he should have gone to Specsavers!

Purple narrowboat Blip moored up on lock landing above Beeston lock, within the length of his boat are 3 no mooring signs, and also 2 no fishing signs and yet he is also fishing from the pontoon. When I congratulated him on managing to breach both signs and obstruct the lock landing he was adamant it was 48 hrs. What are these people on? Maybe he should have gone to Specsavers!

Possibly the same thing that people are on round here. Makes them think it is OK to rock up to a handy 48 hour mooring and set up camp, stay put for 3 or more weeks and then boast about it to passing boaters who are struggling to find a mooring :(

They had gone upstream when we arrived there at about 2pm. There was a grey wide beam there though. Looked like there was no one on board. Waved to you at Trent Junction this morning.

• 2 months later...

I'm afraid to say I rather agree. I stopped for an hour or so in the shopping plaza (good mooring rings but you need to vault over the railings to get out!).

If I did stop overnight, I would probably anchor in the Pool.

Was much more pleasant on my last visit (1982!) when you could moor end on, to the side of the pool where the "no mooring" signs now are.

SPJ

Here's a couple of photos (1982) of how Brayford pool used to look - much better I think. There are now no boats allowed on this side of the pool.

post-13477-0-42083700-1442152940_thumb.jpg post-13477-0-19052700-1442152965_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple of photos (1982) of how Brayford pool used to look - much better I think. There are now no boats allowed on this side of the pool.

attachicon.gif20150913130825_01.jpg attachicon.gif20150913130825_02.jpg

Brayford Trust does have plans to put in visitors moorings on the outside of the pool again but as with everything it is all down to funding. Their next phase of development is to replace the aging and quite frankly dangerous wooden staithing at Lincoln Marina with floating pontoons as they have done with their own and Lincoln Boat Club's moorings.