Volunteers Required For Forum/website Testing

Paul C

Featured Posts

Hello

We are looking to ask for the help of a number of our long standing members in "beta" testing of new/upcoming site features. Initially in the pipeline are allowing attachments to be uploaded directly into forum posts, which should make including pictures much quicker and easier. But I imagine there will be future features too. We'd like to try out the new feature with a small number of members who will be able to report back on issues, make constructive suggestions, etc and also it allows us to monitor the extra server load before it goes "fully live" with the many hundreds of active members.

If you'd like to volunteer yourself, please let us know in this thread and I'll add you into the newly created "Development Members" group which have the necessary extra permissions for the role. There's no strict criteria for who can volunteer, but I'd expect members who have been active on the forum a number of months and are in good standing to be the ones interested.

Many thanks!

Looking good so far, we are.looking for around 20-30 initially but will somewhat play it by ear once the testing is underway.

Obviously the more variables we can cover the better, good to get older and or more technical members who can test the limitations, permutations and combination of things, but also people who just want to use it and for it to do the job its intended for which is to make life easier!

Daniel

Many thanks for the volunteers so far. I've added the following to the "Development Member" group:

larkshall

Bettie Boo

boots

john6767

Laurie.Booth

Janet S

BruceinSanity

stagedamager

Lmcgrath87

Scholar Gypsy

Jess--

nicknorman

You should all now be able to post attachments and also access the "Development Member" forum. Please note, other Members can view (but not post) into this forum. Also please note the attachments is a trial thing, it might be that its subsequently not implemented even if beta testing is fine, for other/admin reasons.

New sub-forum is here: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showforum=60

Its kinda part of the test - I was hoping it would be simple enough not to need instructions! Basically, if you use the "quick" reply you won't see the option to add an attachment, but if you click "More Reply Options" you should see a button to add an attachment just below where the text goes.

Nope, when I click the more reply options button I just get the 3 radio buttons at the side, and add reply, preview post or cancel at the bottom. Using IE11.

Ah, I see it only works in the new subforum.

Edited by nicknorman

Nope, when I click the more reply options button I just get the 3 radio buttons at the side, and add reply, preview post or cancel at the bottom. Using IE11.

Ah, I see it only works in the new subforum.

Fixed - any forum you (collectively) can post in, you can now also post attachments in.

Its kinda part of the test - I was hoping it would be simple enough not to need instructions! Basically, if you use the "quick" reply you won't see the option to add an attachment, but if you click "More Reply Options" you should see a button to add an attachment just below where the text goes.

I worked it out on my own :) - infact, I didn't read this, i just saw the post with the photos and decided to give it a try.