Gu Flooding Over

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

The article clearly states it is a feeder to the canal that has overflowed, so it seems not the canal itself.

If the amount of water is unable to get through the feeder fast enough, and into the canal, then going over lock gates, or weirs at locks doesn't really enter into it.

I guess it depends how much water, how fast, and whether something was partially blocking its intended route into the canal, as Julian suggests.

The feeder from the Welsh Harp to the Paddington Arm (next to the Fire Station).

I think this must be somewhere near Wood Road on the Stonebridge Estate. These blocks of flats look about right - feeder can be seen just behind the rubbish bin..

feeder.jpg

It's quite surprising how much one can see from Google Earth. Some photos of recent dredging here.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

A more accurate headline have been "Path gets a bit wet", judging by the photo.

Presumably that's a the worst bit they photographed, too...

Arf!laugh.png much the same thought went through my head. Not quite the Sumerset levels is it?

Amazingly the Huddersfield Narrow east side although generally low water does flood the paths quite a bit more than that "flood" is it true that locals have flooded (pun)to local builders yards buying up wood to build arks.

A more accurate headline have been "Path gets a bit wet", judging by the photo.

Presumably that's a the worst bit they photographed, too...

Seams likely.

Although It would be a bit of a surprise if the small stream at the bottom of the park rose 18inchs to fill the channel, I am not sure its headline news stuff!

Daniel

Seams likely.

Although It would be a bit of a surprise if the small stream at the bottom of the park rose 18inchs to fill the channel, I am not sure its headline news stuff!

Daniel

The report of the 2010 refurbishment (here - I had not realised the feeder had fallen into disrepair) suggests that flooding has been a bit of a problem.