Harissa Bbq Leg Of Lamb

Wanted

Featured Posts

Right, so not your everyday dinner, but as it was my wife's birthday last week we decided to go for it. This recipe was enough to send my wifes vegan auntie into a fit of apoplexy when she saw the pics on Facebook, that, to my mind is a badge of honour...

(This works in the oven but not as manly)

You will need a kettle style BBQ with the ability to keep coals over to one side.

Place enough coals to one side of the BBQ and put a tin drip tray next to it and half fill with water.

Light Coals and wait till they ash over. (Unless you have a starter chimney)

Place lamb leg (see recipie below) over the drip tray, not the coals.

Place BBQ lid on with the air vent over the meat. This is important because you will need to draw heat and smoke across the lamb.

Try not to be to impatient, keep the lid on for at least and hour and a half.

Check temperature with meat themometer in the thickest part of the lamb away from bone.

When it reaches 145f remove (about two hours ish) from BBQ and wrap in tinfoil for 30 mins before eating.

To Marrinade. (24 hours before)

One whole tin of Harissa paste

One large tub of natural yoghurt

Juice of two lemons

Very large glug of red wine vinegar

Large handful of fine chopped mint

Salt and pepper

Served with yoghurt and mint dressing, couscous salad and flat bred.

Lush

3rSy0Eo.jpg

ot949bI.jpg

vsq4iM3.jpg

Edited by Wanted

This recipe was enough to send my wifes vegan auntie into a fit of apoplexy when she saw the pics on Facebook, that, to my mind is a badge of honour...

Lush3rSy0Eo.jpgot949bI.jpgvsq4iM3.jpg

What a sad comment

Glad your wife's auntie is against animal cruelty. Good for her.

Edited by jenevers

File under "chips, pissing on"!

Looks quite scrumptious to me - lamb is Mrs. Athy's favourite, and I am fond of harissa. (I like the cous cous restaurants in France where they bring you a broth or gravy, some harissa and a ladle, so that you can stir the past into a ladleful of gravy/ broth/ sauce and make it as strong or mild as you want. That way, Mrs. Athy and I can share the same dish but I can have it hotter than hers.)

Edited by Athy

What a sad comment

Glad your wife's auntie is against animal cruelty. Good for her.

You are reading between lines that haven't been written.

I have absolute respect for her/your beliefs, I just don't share them.. but when somebody says that our actions are akin to killing our own child and eating it then I take a view.

If vegansism makes people as miserable and judgemental as I have witnessed of late then I'm glad I'm not part of that.

On the other hand, I have a friend who is a vegan and he talks positively about veg instead of negatively about meat, it is a far more convincing conversation.

Sweet.Did you save some cous cous for the wife's auntie?

:)

I wonder how they would square that?

Yes, that occurred to me - but most of them throw the fish back rather than taking them home for the table.

I wasn't being serious, mind - I'm listening to a new UK soul CD and simply wandering the internet while it plays.

You are reading between lines that haven't been written.

I have absolute respect for her/your beliefs, I just don't share them.. but when somebody says that our actions are akin to killing our own child and eating it then I take a view.

If vegansism makes people as miserable and judgemental as I have witnessed of late then I'm glad I'm not part of that.

On the other hand, I have a friend who is a vegan and he talks positively about veg instead of negaOtively about meat, it is a far more convincing conversation.

:)

I'm far from miserable :)

I'm not being judgemental either, I just find it sad that you made that comment.

And,as for reading between lines that haven't been written......who mentioned eating children?

Edited by jenevers

On the other hand, I have a friend who is a vegan and he talks positively about veg instead of negatively about meat, it is a far more convincing conversation.

smile.png

Personally I don't think it is possible to be a vegetarian (as opposed to a vegan) if you are taking your stance on animal cruelty.

The typical Lactovegetarian carefully ignores the keeping of animals to provide the cheese,butter eggs etc which go into their diet.

• 3 weeks later...