Funding Cwf

MtB

Featured Posts

Done, but I agree with some of the other posts in that I think a list of contributers could create a them and us attitude that would be detrimental to the ethos of the forum.

I also like the fact that this forum is ad free and would hope that it can remain this way.

Tom

I dont do paypal..or pay anything much over internet..stems from my card being scammed and kinda scared me. Happened when I was skint and took several months to get money back.

I could send cheque to someone if they would donate on my behalf...or if anyone is local or maybe going to Braunston Historic Boats thingy which I'm hoping to get to this year.

Its a great site and would like to donate.

I dont do paypal..or pay anything much over internet..stems from my card being scammed and kinda scared me. Happened when I was skint and took several months to get money back.

I could send cheque to someone if they would donate on my behalf...or if anyone is local or maybe going to Braunston Historic Boats thingy which I'm hoping to get to this year.

Its a great site and would like to donate.

We are planning to be at Braunston. I think we could come up with some sort of CWDf donations tin/box/thingy

Richard

We are planning to be at Braunston. I think we could come up with some sort of CWDf donations tin/box/thingy

Richard

We could cut a slot in the tug deck of REGINALD for peeps to stuff money through!

No, hang on... SICKLE!

Richard

Will look out for you, leaving boat at Marina so will be on foot with zee black dog

I have decided not to donate at this time.

I feel that my contribution is of time. I have been a mod for about ten years now! How time flies!

N

Donation set up. As they say, "Every little Helps". smile.png

Thank you. Exactly right. A lot of people contributing a little every month adds up to a whole lot more than a few making the odd generous donation once in a while.

The latest crop of peeps to thank for declaring a scheduled regular donation are Boredrider, System4-50 (I think!), Dharl, LEO (annual), waterdog, tagulablue, Tom and Bex, Sue, ROBDEN, Old Son, nicknorman, sherbert, johnmck, DaveR. Thank you all!

My thanks also to people donating single lump sums too, and to those donating their time, but my special thanks to those who have set up scheduled donations whatever the amounts, as these form the backbone of any fundraising effort.

I shall keep a look out on my account but to date the regular amount has gone out but not the lump which was done first ?early days so if not out in a weeks time then will try again.

Ok, good news!

A quick scan through the pages and I see there are about 60 members declaring they've supported with my request in the OP and set up a regular scheduled payment of £1 or more.

So that's a definite £60 a month secured towards Dan's personal costs of £80 a month host fees.

In addition there are the people who have made some ad-hoc single payments, and some who have committed to making annual payments (but they'll need to diarise these themselves, and not forget.)

And finally there may well be more peeps who set up a payment anonymously but I have no way of knowing. This all adds up to the hosting fees being broadly covered now so my grateful thanks to everybody responding to my appeal. It's worried me for a long while that Dan has been out of pocket running the forum and now that appears to have been broadly fixed. YAY!

And if anyone is concerned that the appeal might now be running a surplus, I suggest this is fine and can go towards the substantial arrears I suspect have built up in the accounts this last few years. Ange may be able to shed some light on this in due course.

MtB

(Edit to remove some spelling and grammar errors.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman