Funding Cwf

MtB

Featured Posts

What's more, there might well be people who've contributed without coming on here and telling everyone.

With out naming names, maybe the treasurer could tell us how many monthly S/Os have been set up since Mike issued his appeal at 17:50 Yesterday (16/6/15) and how much extra in regular donations that will be each month and also how much has been donated in one off payments.

Would just like to thank Mike for starting this appeal. I occasionally see the 'Donate' button at the bottom of some posts and think I really ought to give some money, but never get round to it, but the suggestion of a regular small monthly donation worked and have now set one up.

With out naming names, maybe the treasurer could tell us how many monthly S/Os have been set up since Mike issued his appeal at 17:50 Yesterday (16/6/15) and how much extra in regular donations that will be each month and also how much has been donated in one off payments.

Would just like to thank Mike for starting this appeal. I occasionally see the 'Donate' button at the bottom of some posts and think I really ought to give some money, but never get round to it, but the suggestion of a regular small monthly donation worked and have now set one up.

That would get my vote if there was a vote

I wonder how many people have visited CWF since Mike made this posting and have seen it.

Edited by ditchcrawler

Is a list necessary?

No it isn't necessary. Nor would a definitive list be possible.

I would only be making a list of those people who have already declared publicly on this thread that they have set up a scheduled monthly payment, which was my request. As this info is already public knowledge I see no harm in organising said public information a bit better.

Well thanks to the next crop of people declaring they've set up a regular scheduled contribution!

...maybe also a thank you to those who have contributed to CWF who aren't on Mike's list would be appropriate...

Blimey...talk about 'Do you want to be in my gang'

...maybe also a thank you to those who have contributed to CWF who aren't on Mike's list would be appropriate...

Blimey...talk about 'Do you want to be in my gang'

What's the view like from up there on your high horse?

Blimey still more peeps to credit!

Thanks to the latest members to set up a scheduled monthly contribution, Scholar Gypsy, Giant, NB Ellisiana, Bloomsbury, Davidb, BruceinSanity, and possibly TimYoung who implies it but didn't actually say so! Tim?

And the several more who have said they'll do it when they get to a desktop PC, or when payday comes around... Wanted, Keble, Saltysplash, Cuthound.

For those asking for a bank account to set up a standing order instead of PayPal, this isn't going to happen. Publishing a bank account and sort code is too much of a risk and PayPal is the way chosen to insulate the CWF bank account from this risk. I appreciate this reduces the CWF income a little but that's the price being paid for better security. I hope those of you kindly offering standing orders etc will understand.

MtB

I do support this. I am Treasurer for a small charity and I used to put our Standing Order forms on the website. This led to a couple of quite small Direct Debit frauds - for things like a Sky TV subscription, so I now give the info on request (or encourage people to pay via paypal).

It is possible to set up a "merchant" bank account (eg nochex) that only receives money, and sweeps the net credit elsewhere (ie to the main bank account) at the end of the day, but that is a bit fiddly and will cost.

The other big advantage of paypal (well worth the fees in my view as a hard-pressed Treasurer!) is that it gives you (once you crack how to download stuff) the info you need for the accounts as you go along - ie who is paying for what when.

Took a while to find the paypal button, its on a page that I never see! I mean, who ever comes in the front door? It should be moved further in.

And just to go one better than the smug £1 monthlies, come on the annuals! Fork out a regular £20 per yaer!

Or even year.

What's the view like from up there on your high horse?

...what high horse?

Look Mike, I was simply suggesting (as others have hinted) that those who have contributed a small one off payment should also be recognised. Not everyone here has a property empire...

Done

Good call Mike,clapping.gif this forum has to be the best one that I am a member of. Such a good mix of people with knowledge, lifeskills and wit!

smiley_offtopic.gif On the 'Merchandise' aspect perhaps CWF branded Tea Pots for members of a certain leaning and perhaps CWF branded Pint jugs for the rest? icecream.gif

Took a while to find the paypal button, its on a page that I never see! I mean, who ever comes in the front door? It should be moved further in.

And just to go one better than the smug £1 monthlies, come on the annuals! Fork out a regular £20 per yaer!

Or even year.

How do you schedule automated yearly payments? Is there a way I've missed?

Automating it is the key. If you have to remember, you'll forget.

No it isn't necessary. Nor would a definitive list be possible.

I would only be making a list of those people who have already declared publicly on this thread that they have set up a scheduled monthly payment, which was my request. As this info is already public knowledge I see no harm in organising said public information a bit better.

Okay but I wouldn't have made a casual comment if I thought a formal list would be created.

There is a difference.

How do you schedule automated yearly payments? Is there a way I've missed?

Automating it is the key. If you have to remember, you'll forget.

It'a added to the 'diarised' reminders in the calendar for next year - joins the list of Birthdays, wedding anniversary, Valentines's day, Car licence, Boat mooring and licence and now CWDF payment - simples!

L

Nice one Mike. You've certainly given me a busy start to my new job :)

Great idea and thanks everyone who's signed up.

I'll come back again when I've had time to go through stuff and discuss some of the ideas with Daniel.

I have recently started up in self employment doing property maintenance. It's early days but so far going well. I don't like direct debits and prefer doing an annual donation, so have done a small donation of £12.00. I know it's not a lot but every little helps.

I really like the forum and would certainly miss it if it went.

I want to thank you all, who help finance and run the siteclapping.gif It wouldn't be what it is today, without you.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

just going to try and sort out paypal now ,,, had a fraud on the account a few years back so haven't used since then. If all else fails can I send a cheque. Ps to idea about boat jumble... can we not have an ebay type section with percentage of sale price going to site.... I have a boat tumble dryer, a self pump out kit, screw in spikes (xmas pressie from OH), a ratchet windlass(valentines pressie}, 2 dogs and a husband to sell. Cheers Mike for reminding us all how much we would miss the site and thanks for advice you've passed on to me.