Funding Cwf

MtB

Featured Posts

Now that Daniel has grasped the nettle and moved servers, increasing costs to the tune of £80 a month (possibly more, I'm not sure) for the benefit of us all, I'd like to appeal to all those here who value this site to help Dan out with the costs.

It simply isn't fair that Dan should fund the whole lot by himself. Fair enough, some of us from time to time bung a few quid in the coffers via the PayPal payments page or at banters, but this doesn't really cut it with higher costs. What Dan/CWF really needs is small monthly contributions. Lots of them. No matter how small, lots of small regular contributions are a million times better than the odd 'one-off' donation.

So to start the ball rolling, as a regular user of CWDF I've set up a monthly donation via PayPal myself. Now I'm asking anyone else who values CWF to do the same by clicking here to the sites 'about us' page and clicking the "Donate" button at the bottom of the page.

The system is PayPal based, but will take payments from any major card. Once you get to the 'Donate' page you can fill in a donation and to make it a regular monthly donation tick the box labelled "Make this recurring (monthly)". I'd like to propose a minimum donation of £1 a month. This must be affordable to lots of us, and lots of us contributing a bit will help Dan a lot.

If enough people do this, and/or if a dozen or two of us set up £5 or £10 a month recurring payment then Dan will no longer be funding CWF out of his own pocket, which is my goal in writing this post.

That's it really...

MtB

(MtB; Edit to correct a few detail errors.)

(Dhutch; Edit to to add non-paypal payment capability.)

Edited by DHutch
  • Greenie 2

Thanks for your post Mike.

Done

Blimey this is going well now! Fanx Pete Bullfinch!

Just to underline, this appeal is for monthly contributions of £1 per month (or more, if you are loaded ;) )

Dan has been funding us for years. Now it's payback time. Please sign up here if you are flush with cash.

But just to underline, contribution is VOLUNTARY. There is no obligation. The site is free for all until/if/when Dan decides otherwise.

Fanx Rickent!!!

That make EIGHT regular scheduled contributors so far... BRILLIANT!

I've had a PM from someone who doesn't 'do' PayPal asking how to contribute.

The only way to do it other than by paypal would be by Standing Order, and to set one up one would need the CWF bank account number and sort code. I dunno if there is one, or if Dan just pays it out of his own personal bank account.

if anyone knows the bank account number and sort code for the site, could they post it perhaps? Or PM it to anyone posting an enquiry in the thread?

Cheers,

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Excellent plan Mike.

It isn't all from Dan's pocket, people have made donations in the past, and whip rounds at banters help too. A regular income will help

Where's my PayPal details...

Richard

MORE: it's what I love about this forum, people who get on and solve problems

Edited by RLWP

I don't do PayPal, but am more than happy to donate using Credit card, is there a facility for that does anyone know ?

OR

I can 'Pingit' to someone if they have the app !.

good time to start using paypal then.

unless you have had a bad experience you want to tell us about, I believe it is safe, reliable and damned convenient.

done it. well done, MtB.

(is this penance on your part for breaking the old site?) cool.pngrolleyes.gif

• Greenie 1

Excellent plan Mike.

It isn't all from Dan's pocket, people have made donations in the past, and whip rounds at banters help too.

Totally agree, but regular, scheduled small payments are ten times more valuable than random one-off big(ish) contributions.

I stumped up £50 a while back, but on reflection that was probably two or three years ago! Hence my decision to make a regular, scheduled contribution from now on.

Keep the contributions coming please!