Site Host Move

Paul C

Featured Posts

Is there a reason we no longer have the list of people [at the bottom of each page] viewing a topic at the time? Or am I simply overlooking it somewhere else?

Yes, Dan turned the list OFF in a vain attempt to reduce the disk loading with the previous host, and no-one techy has turned it back ON again yet!

Just got back after a few days away and tried entering the forums. Still getting fatal error blah blah blah. I really can't be bothered trying to use a forum that doesn't want to play ball. I'll try again sometime maybe or maybe not. Lots of better things to do.

MtB What are you? Some kinda techno-geek-electronic whizz-kid heating engineer-genius? IT WORKS!

Thanks a lot. You get a well deserved greenie.

Lol,no, I'd just read the thread you were posting in. It's been mentioned repeatedly.

No hang on, you're right I AM a techno-whizzz!!!

MtB

Lol,no, I'd just read the thread you were posting in. It's been mentioned repeatedly.

No hang on, you're right I AM a techno-whizzz!!!

MtB

Doh! I wouldn't have waded through all that stuff anyway. I only found my way in by accident and posted out of sheer frustration. Thanks a lot.

Old works, I moved to win7 last year from XP...

Ditto.

I actually ditched Vista to go back.

I would still be with XP if Microsoft hadn't pulled the rug.

W10 is free for W7 and W8.1 users - 3GB download. There is no such thing a 'free lunch'!

I am so pleased that my 3 contract has unlimited data on tethering!

Might wait until I see no. 1 son who has an 18Mb/s connection.

And yes, W7 was wonderfully quick on my Dell Inspiron N5010 when I first bought it (2nd hand), but it has become slower with every upgrade. A couple of weeks ago I did a clean reinstall which did not make a huge difference once all the upgrades had been installed.

N

I have the insider trial and it's good, way better than 7 or 8.1.

Thanks for that, maybe I will give it a chance.

Go to the pub, that has free wi-fi and download it there, for the cost of a pint.wink.png

Thanks, but I think a 3GB download would require several pints.

i see nothing from Microsoft that implies that I can schedule the download, it just says register now and the download will commence at some time that they decide.

Alan

Thanks for that, maybe I will give it a chance.

Thanks, but I think a 3GB download would require several pints.

i see nothing from Microsoft that implies that I can schedule the download, it just says register now and the download will commence at some time that they decide.

Alan

if you turn windows updates off it can't download without your permission.

*****Devices must be connected to the Internet and have Windows Update enabled.*****

I have a date of the 29th when I can download it. The email from them hints I can select to download on or after that date. By implication, you choose when.

Very true...