Site Host Move

Paul C

Featured Posts

Sorry, link just returns an error page

Yep it times out if you do not use it quick enough.

Go to post #42 of this thread and RLWP has a link that works, all the time.

Edited by bottle

Well done. As a tech numpty I am in awe of folk who can get things like this sorted so folk like me can read and learn about and occasionally contribute to our obsession with the waterways.

Let us know how we can contribute again. Using our phones to do it would be useful too.

Hey, well done guys, that's better. Running well even over a marginal 3 connection tethered from the iPhone to this iPad.

It's like coming up for air after being trapped under a duvet for days. (Alone.)

HELP!!!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong sad.png

I still can't use the View New Content - get the fatal error memory message every time

Can't view the General Boating section - get the same message

But if I click on the one thread that shows on the General Boating section on the main page it will open

Please can someone tell me what to do. I've shut down both my laptop and IPhone (I use to thether with) down and rebooted both, but it hasn't made a differencesad.png

This is the message I get when I try to use either the General Boating or View New Content...

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 26738688) (tried to allocate 155507 bytes) in/home/ggbqjfrf/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 3796

Edited by Bettie Boo

HELP!!!

I still can't use the View New Content - get the fatal error memory message every time

But if I click on the one thread that shows on the General Boating section on the main page it will open

Please can someone tell me what to do. I've shut down both my laptop and IPhone (I use to thether with) down and rebooted both, but it hasn't made a differencesad.png

What browser are you using on the laptop and who is your internet connection with?

HELP!!!

Please can someone tell me what to do. I've shut down both my laptop and IPhone (I use to thether with) down and rebooted both, but it hasn't made a difference:(

This is the message I get when I try to use either the General Boating or View New Content...

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 26738688) (tried to allocate 155507 bytes) in[/size]/home/ggbqjfrf/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line [/size]3796

You need to clear your cache or at least reload the page. For the iphone you can either go to settings...safari..clear settings and website data, however that clears all cookies as well, which means you will need to log on to any websites again. I think if you just reload the specific page by pressing on the circular symbol at the right of the URL, that will probably do it but you'll have to do that once for each page that you get the error message for. If the laptop is running windows and IE, hold down CTRL and press F5 to force a reload of each page you are getting the error message for.

I've tried it on both Chrome and Firefox - can't even get onto the site using Firefox

Provider is the old T-mobile

Ok try this:

Go to a command prompt: Start --> Run then type in cmd, or Windows+R key then type in cmd

Once you're in there, type: ipconfig /flushdns

(Then type exit)

.....And let us know how you get on....

Not that it helps those unable to access now, but I continued to get fatal errors when I tried accessing a few minutes ago.

I have cleared my cache in the Firefox browser, and it now seems fine.

I'm not clever enough to know what was happening, (!!!), but wonder if it was still using cached refgerences to the old site, until mI flushed out the cahe?

Anyway, well done chaps!

Not that it helps those unable to access now, but I continued to get fatal errors when I tried accessing a few minutes ago.

I have cleared my cache in the Firefox browser, and it now seems fine.

I'm not clever enough to know what was happening, (!!!), but wonder if it was still using cached refgerences to the old site, until mI flushed out the cahe?

Anyway, well done chaps!

No not going to the old site, but it tries to save bandwidth by using a version of the particular web page stored on the hard disk rather than getting a new one over the internet - it won't realise the site has changed. But if the version stored was the error message, obviously you just get a repeat of that for a while until the system decides to refresh the page anyway.

Edit: Although Paul's suggestion of ipconfig /flushdns suggests that you might in fact be right since Paul knows more about these things than I do!

Edited by nicknorman

Ok try this:

Go to a command prompt: Start --> Run then type in cmd, or Windows+R key then type in cmd

Once you're in there, type: ipconfig /flushdns

(Then type exit)

.....And let us know how you get on....

Thank you Thank you Thank you xoxoxoxoxoxoxohug.gif

It now works cloud9.gif

Again Thank you so much for the guidance Paul (& Nick)

Opps - got excited to soon --- I can now open General Boating with no problem, but still getting the error message with View new content.

I'll switch over to Firefox and try the same thing you suggest Paul and see if that makes a difference

Opps - got excited to soon --- I can now open General Boating with no problem, but still getting the error message with View new content.

I'll switch over to Firefox and try the same thing you suggest Paul and see if that makes a difference

Try F5 or cntrl+F5 on the offending page.

Ahoy everybody. Looks like I'm about nine hours late, been clicking on CWDF in my 'bookmarks' on and off during the day and kept on getting the 'Fatal error thing'. Thought the site was busted for ever and taken all my wheezes and stuff with it. But lo I just decided to google the site instead of clicking on the bookmark and bingo, I'm in, it works. I've now re-bookmarked the site with a new bookmark and all is fine. So you're all still stuck with all my nonsense in the archives, so there smile.png

A great many thanks to Daniel and Paul C and whoever else for a grand and magnificent job. cheers.gif

Just logged in from Kefalonia (having sorted the hotel wifi) and it is SO much better. Many thanks to all concerned.

After the first of the recent system collapses I felt guilty enough to follow the paypal link, would be happy to contribute on a more regular basis if the costs have increased.

I still keep getting "Fatal Error" messages when trying to return to General Boating

Try the refresh button in your browser's tool bar. Should update the page fro you. It worked for me.

N

Just logged in from Kefalonia (having sorted the hotel wifi) and it is SO much better. Many thanks to all concerned.

After the first of the recent system collapses I felt guilty enough to follow the paypal link, would be happy to contribute on a more regular basis if the costs have increased.

I believe costs are now in the order of £80 a month.

The PayPal link allows you to make monthly schduled payments for whatever you are comfortable paying. One pound a month from loads of peeps is all that is needed. But the regular monthly scheduled payment is the valuable bit, no matter what you might decide to contribute.

See here:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=76920

• Greenie 1