Help the Wilts and Berks Canal Trust restoring a canalside pub (vote for funding)

sassan

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

Firstly, thanks to all of you who voted for us to receive two grants last year. We got both of them, many thanks! The first one was for materials to repair a collapsed culvert and we expect to finish the brickwork on that in the next few weeks. The second was to fund part of a larger project to restore a section of canal, contractors should be on site in the coming week!

Last year we bought a pub, to save it from being converted into flats. Our volunteers are hard at work getting the pub ready to be reopened. The next stage of this is opening up part of the building to be used as a community room. To do this, we must provide disabled access and toilets.

To get this grant, we once again need your votes!

https://foundation.onefamily.com/projects/peterborough-arms/

It takes only 2 minutes to register and vote, please help us to restore one of the last surviving canalside pubs on our canal.

The pub is located here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Peterborough+Arms/@51.521266,-2.008412,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48716f34b793440d:0xdeebf58310b89ec4

Thanks in advance,

Sass

No real beer!!!!

We're not open yet, those pumps are left over from the previous operators.

Given that one of the guys on the committee working on this project is a VERY devoted CAMRA member, you can be completely assured that there will be plenty of proper beer once the pub is open again!

Done.

I have had a few beers in there back in the day when I used to live near by in Calne. A local car club used to meet there from time to time. I hope there will be some Arkells and Waddworths on tap.

All power to the restoration of the Pub and of course the canal, boy would I like to see it all navigable and joined to the main system again.

Edited by churchward
  • Greenie 1

Hi Folks,

Firstly, thanks to all of you who voted for us to receive two grants last year. We got both of them, many thanks! The first one was for materials to repair a collapsed culvert and we expect to finish the brickwork on that in the next few weeks. The second was to fund part of a larger project to restore a section of canal, contractors should be on site in the coming week!

Last year we bought a pub, to save it from being converted into flats. Our volunteers are hard at work getting the pub ready to be reopened. The next stage of this is opening up part of the building to be used as a community room. To do this, we must provide disabled access and toilets.

To get this grant, we once again need your votes!

https://foundation.onefamily.com/projects/peterborough-arms/

It takes only 2 minutes to register and vote, please help us to restore one of the last surviving canalside pubs on our canal.

The pub is located here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Peterborough+Arms/@51.521266,-2.008412,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48716f34b793440d:0xdeebf58310b89ec4

Thanks in advance,

Sass

voted! :)

• Greenie 1

I started to vote but when it said I had to register I gave up. Get too much unsolicited rubbish as it is.

Absolutely, I also like to support a good cause but I have learnt better than to disclose personal details, inviting further communication urging me to contribute more funds.

Salaried (£30K pa + bonus) fundraisers raise £Ms from poor pensioners. By all means vote for a cause but never, ever give them your contact details.

Alan

Yes, I registered and voted a week ago and have received no marketing.

The organisation distributing the grants are not any sort of fundraisers, they are a building society.

You can also be assured that the Wilts and Berks Canal Trust do not employ parasitic fundraising companies, nor do our members engage in any form of cold-calling.

Have voted. (Tiresome website to use though!)

Agreed, not an easy website to navigate, I searched projects in the South West which I assumed was where Wiltshire and Berkshire are, and found them listed as being in the South East!!! I did eventually vote though.

I give up! It's taken me twenty minutes to register - three times it said my user name was already taken (and each time I had to enter my password twice) and then it said I'd got an incorrect answer on the security question. Hmmm....Paris was the capital of France last time I looked...sad.png

Now I've finally registered, I simply cannot find the project! I've been searching under every keyword I can think of. I know from a previous post the area is the South East, but what category is it under and what project size?

I'm really tired tonight and rapidly losing patience! I know, I'm probably being dim and missing something!

Janet

Edited to add - phew! I finally managed to find it and vote. What an absolutely horrendous website. Worth persevering though, as it's all in a good cause!

Edited by Janet S

I give up! It's taken me twenty minutes to register - three times it said my user name was already taken (and each time I had to enter my password twice) and then it said I'd got an incorrect answer on the security question. Hmmm....Paris was the capital of France last time I looked...sad.png

Now I've finally registered, I simply cannot find the project! I've been searching under every keyword I can think of. I know from a previous post the area is the South East, but what category is it under and what project size?

I'm really tired tonight and rapidly losing patience! I know, I'm probably being dim and missing something!

Janet

Edited to add - phew! I finally managed to find it and vote. What an absolutely horrendous website. Worth persevering though, as it's all in a good cause!

Go to the community awards project search and type in Peterborough in the search name/key and it will be the only choice that comes up.

To save time finding the project again once you've registered, you can just click on the link in my original post again.

Sorry for the lousy website, it's outside our control.

Many thanks to all of you who are battling through anyway!

I tried typing Peterborough in, but it said nothing found.

Oh well, it was worth persevering if it helps to get the funding!

Good luck with it.

Janet

Edited by Janet S