Off to Bath tomorrow

Featured Posts

The visitor moorings on the east side of Bath are nice. I don't know the name of the place but it's a nice long stretch with a wide towpath with rings if I remember rightly, and a long wall along the back of the path with some good views of the city. You can walk into town in 10 mins from there.

Edited by blackrose

Same as Spadefoot.

There about a week ago and it was busy.

Just some pointers, no mooring allowed at Poultney weir (river)

When going up the locks start looking for small signs denoting temporary visitor moorings because of closure of Poultney weir moorings.

Moorings between bridges 186 and 185, short walk back down the canal and through Sydney Gardens, entrance that looks like a small garden gate, takes you onto Poultney road and Poulteny Bridge

When I messed about on that stretch many years ago, You may want to check out (and report back if still there or not) a lovely little mooring actually on your way to Bath, if you go through Keynsham lock, then onwards to the next about 20 minutes or so, Just before the lock, on the weir side There is a little gate, moor up there 'Nose to Weir), Go through the gat and it leads to a nice little Tea room.nd for a cpl of quid you can stay there the night.

Or if you prefer a bit further towards Bath, then there is the Nuns field a lock or two further on on the right, u seem to remember that there was a pic nic site there as well,

But any where along that stretch I remember asbbeing very nice, Take care at (Bath Deep lock).

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

The railings just before the station are dead convenient. There's a sign at one end that says 48hr, but I think you can use most of that stretch as 14-day, it's enormous and underused.

Despite having an early start we stopped for water just after Swineford Lock it took so long to water up two boats that we didn't make Bath, but we have moored offside on a area marked Private Land 24 hour mooring with large mooring posts.

We are going to complete the journey romorrow.

Despite having an early start we stopped for water just after Swineford Lock it took so long to water up two boats that we didn't make Bath, but we have moored offside on a area marked Private Land 24 hour mooring with large mooring posts.

We are going to complete the journey romorrow.

That's a nice mooring I have used that a couple of times. Handy for DIY stores as well

Mooring in Bath is along the wall before the station, just after the Midland bridge (the one that currently has work going on - restricted passage), or on the K&A just above the locks, although this is pretty well full up with what appears to be permanently moored boats all the way to Bathampton still.

Mooring in Bath is along the wall before the station, just after the Midland bridge (the one that currently has work going on - restricted passage), or on the K&A just above the locks, although this is pretty well full up with what appears to be permanently moored boats all the way to Bathampton still.

Sorry but I've just come from Bath, and that's crap about permanently moored boats. Yes there are a lot of tatty boats & others (mostly holiday boats) but it changes daily. Even the "permanently moored boats" move around quite a bit. Except for that sunken one. Top of the locks up through Sydney wharf, you've just got to get your timing right, arrive in the morning & you'll find a spot, arrive in the evening & it'll be full.