Anderton Lift - closed until further notice, CRT arent saying why?

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

After repeated requests to CRT I still cannot find out what has happened to the lift, the "comment serious structural" failure is being used but no one seems able to expand on that. Does anyone know what has happened?

If I told you I would have to kill you.

From my understanding, 'serious structural failure' would be a gross exaggeration, but it's a safety issue which could have been serious.

Why they keep their cards so close to their chests on things like this, I have no idea.

It's open now, anyway, although some would maintain that the safety issue has not properly been resolved.

Tim

It's open now, anyway, although some would maintain that the safety issue has not properly been resolved.

Why though? It was closed for quite some time, I imagine it was deemed unsafe to operate it with the bits missing and the delay would suggest they've now been fixed/replaced. Unless you know more about the detailed operation of the Anderton lift.....?

Why though? It was closed for quite some time, I imagine it was deemed unsafe to operate it with the bits missing and the delay would suggest they've now been fixed/replaced. Unless you know more about the detailed operation of the Anderton lift.....?

The question, I believe, is whether the components were adequate in the first place, whether they have been upgraded, and have they been properly tested in service.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Oh well par for the course, their office told us it was shut so we have organized a trip elsewhere, their loss not ours. Typical not on the ball crap CRT staff.

It was published when it was closed, it was published when it was hope to open and it was published when it did open, I don't see they can do much more.

It was published when it was closed, it was published when it was hope to open and it was published when it did open, I don't see they can do much more.

Sometimes it beggars belief what people find to whinge about. Perhaps CRT should publish a list of the most vexatious people it has to deal with.

Edited by mango

Oh well par for the course, their office told us it was shut so we have organized a trip elsewhere, their loss not ours. Typical not on the ball crap CRT staff.

How is it 'their' loss? There is no charge for going up or down in the boat lift so it doesn't make much difference to them whether or not you go. On the other hand you have missed one of probably many opportunities to use a fascinating structure.