Hockley Port

Featured Posts

Hi,

Short Story: Could someone let my brother and someone else through the gates at Hockley Port, Saturday at about 1:00PM?

Long Story:

Ok, so, my boat is now in Hockley Port dry dock and the hole has been found. It's basically a one inch split where it got scraped along the shallows on the way to Warings Green last week. Richard, the boatyard guy, can't weld it because it requires overhead welding. My brother has a welder friend who has built a couple of boats and he's prepared to have a look at doing it this Saturday, however, I'm going up to the Lake District this evening and won't be back in time. So, could someone be available to let them in and out?

Many thanks

Robert

Don't forget that you will also need to get the key to the dry dock compound from Richard. We've been blacked there twice and both times Richard loaned us keys to the main gate and to the gate in the fence surrounding the dry dock.

Water and light are things you don't want to see coming through your baseplate:

18569846216_ebdf31f669_z.jpg

Hopefully there is enough good metal nearby for a decent repair.

Also having hull survey, new front anodes and blacking done while it's in dock.