Enforcement on the Bridgewater

DeanS

Featured Posts

Hi Dean. I am not trying to be contentious, but the lifestyle, location and boat you have chosen do not add up for a carefree life. Your cruising range is limited and you have commitments in that area, as well as being on the cusp of two very different authorities.

You will never be able to satisfy both and they will endeavour to enforce their rules.

Good luck, but I think you are between a rock and a hard place.

Dean has a residential mooring. He is already ahead for complying fully, compared to most of us liveaboards.

He is trying to work out a way to give the Bridgewater money, and cruise on their canal.

Give the man a break.

Ps

What the chuff does it matter if he has commitments in the area? That's why he has a residential mooring!

• Greenie 2

Dean has a residential mooring. He is already ahead for complying fully, compared to most of us liveaboards.

He is trying to work out a way to give the Bridgewater money, and cruise on their canal.

Give the man a break.

Ps

What the chuff does it matter if he has commitments in the area? That's why he has a residential mooring!

But his mooring is not on the Bridgewater is it.

But his mooring is not on the Bridgewater is it.

I think the point is Dean wants to go on to the bridge water periodically to avoid CRT objecting to him cruising a relatively small area when away from his mooring.

His problem is he wants to visit the Bridgewater more often than they want him to!

Give the man a break.

Ps

Well said

Do Bridgewater boats have to stay off CRT waters for a month before returning for 7 days...just interested ?

yes and there are markers on the bridges telling them they only have 7 days on CRT waters.

Do Bridgewater boats have to stay off CRT waters for a month before returning for 7 days...just interested ?

Dean

No mention of a month in my paperwork. Bridgewater boats are allowed 7 days and are allowed to travel to the following points :- Harecastle tunnel, Barbridge, Blackburn bottom lock and Burscough.

Boats are allowed an extra 7 days to do the Liverpool link but this only runs to 31.12.2016.

Steve

I think the point is Dean wants to go on to the bridge water periodically to avoid CRT objecting to him cruising a relatively small area when away from his mooring.

CRT have nothing to do with it at all.

CRT have nothing to do with it at all.

Sorry Dean but I assumed the reason you were going on to the Bridgewater was to avoid CRT complaining under the new T & Cs that you weren't moving about enough when off your mooring. That was the impression I got when we were PMing each other a while back. If that is correct CRT have something to do with it.

If I am wrong my apologies.

Sorry Dean but I assumed the reason you were going on to the Bridgewater was to avoid CRT complaining under the new T & Cs that you weren't moving about enough when off your mooring. That was the impression I got when we were PMing each other a while back. If that is correct CRT have something to do with it.

If I am wrong my apologies.

Sorry...I didn't explain properly:) In this particular instance, (trying to cruise on the Bridgewater) , my aim isn't to avoid CRT enforcement, although CRT enforcement is an additional worry I face, if I was to perhaps travel to Leigh...then back to the marina...then to Oldham...and back to the marina...and back to Leigh, and back to Oldham, all year...CRT may say I haven't cruised far enough, because I haven't gone and sat back in the marina long enough to get logged . So on one side of the card, I'm limited by the Peel rules...(can't stay long enough) and on the other, by the CRT rules..(not cruising far enough) and it's almost impossible to adhere to both parties. At this point though, I'm not actually cruising to Leigh and Oldham, because it's silly to be forced to cruise to the end of the earth just so a CRT enforcement man can log me...(and nothing saying that when I did arrive at Leigh or Oldham, that I'd be logged at either anyway :)

all these rules...driving me mad

No need to be snotty.

You are also a husband and father, sounds like a lot of grief to put your family thru so you can continue to be a 'boater'

I'm not being snotty and I'm not "putting my family through grief" thanks very much. I've been married 25yrs, happily, I emigrated to give them a better future, and in 2yrs time we'll own an asset worth over £40000 paid off (the boat), a safe roof over their heads even if I get hit by a truck, and be living almost rent free. ...they all love boating, and it's a joint decision, so to say sell the boat and get a house, in my opinion was a bit of a silly comment.

You clearly have not read the thread or what Dean has said. He has a residential mooring in an area where he and his wife work and his children are receiving a good education, so to insult him as a husband and father is just complete bollocking. He is trying to sort out his leisure cruising. This is just so typical of remarks made by some on this forum who are to lazy to read a complete thread. Hang out your head in shame

Rubbish!

He can't cruise on the Bridgewater, and C&RT are likely to keep a keen eye on him

The boat has to then stay on its residential mooring making it a floating home unable to cruise anywhere.

Sounds like grief to me.

Thanks for your advice, but I shan't be taking ;)

I'm not being snotty and I'm not "putting my family through grief" thanks very much. I've been married 25yrs, happily, I emigrated to give them a better future, and in 2yrs time we'll own an asset worth over £40000 paid off (the boat), a safe roof over their heads even if I get hit by a truck, and be living almost rent free. ...they all love boating, and it's a joint decision, so to say sell the boat and get a house, in my opinion was a bit of a silly comment.

Your reply didn't need the qualifier 'mate' at the end. To me it implies a snotty tone.

My statement about selling the boat is a solution to your problems.

Rubbish!

He can't cruise on the Bridgewater, and C&RT are likely to keep a keen eye on him

The boat has to then stay on its residential mooring making it a floating home unable to cruise anywhere.

Sounds like grief to me.

Thanks for your advice, but I shan't be taking ;)

I presume when you say rubbish you meant to quote your own post. He can cruise the Bridgewater but would like more than 7 days, he can cruise the Leigh Arm of the L&L

He is not putting his family through grief but would simply like to be able to spend more time on the Bridgewater. To question his ability as a husband and father is just complete nonsense.

Edited by cotswoldsman

I presume when you say rubbish you meant to quote your own post. He can cruise the Bridgewater but would like more than 7 days, he can cruise the Leighton Arm of the L&L

He is not putting his family through grief but would simply like to be able to spend more time on the Bridgewater. To question his ability as a husband and father is just complete nonsense.

Have you nothing better to do?

He sounds pretty hung up on thus issue, something that must be at the forefront of family life, hence my statement.

My comments were meant to show being a boater doesn't trump being a dad or a husband.

Anyhow, the suns out and I'm off to be a pretend boater or is it hobby boater that's the preferred term? :)

Have you nothing better to do?

He sounds pretty hung up on thus issue, something that must be at the forefront of family life, hence my statement.

My comments were meant to show being a boater doesn't trump being a dad or a husband.

Anyhow, the suns out and I'm off to be a pretend boater or is it hobby boater that's the preferred term? :)

It is on his mind at present where has he even slightly indicated that being a boater comes before being a husband and father. Unlike you maybe I have met Dean on a few occasions so I think you questioning his priorities is very insulting to him.

Now you seem to also want to have a go at me maybe you would like to link me to anywhere that I have ever used the term "pretend boater" or "hobby boater" I see all boaters the same. Maybe you would now like to move onto my abilities as a husband and father.