money for l&l canal

gaggle

Featured Posts

Can anyone shed any light on a news item I heard bits of on radio Monday morning , the story concerned I think over a

£million to be spent to allow more or better access to the Liverpool link for visitors.

MERSEYSIDE LANCASHIRE OR RADIO 4 I am not sure which station it was mentioned in but may have been news story.

I would imagine this is the £1.3 million being invested to make the route from Liverpool to Burscough more canoe friendly to attract younger users

A ground breaking project to develop 150 miles of canal has been announced - with the first stages starting in Burscough.

The Canal & River trust is developing the Leeds & Liverpool canal to create Englands first ever coast to coast canoe trail, connecting Merseyside to Humberside.

£1.3million is being invested in the project, which will see young people transform the canal, including mapping out the route, clearing sections of the canal, identifying safe access points and locating storage facilities.

Edited by cotswoldsman