Boater Sues C&RT for Section 8

Featured Posts

Lucky you, Geo [and that is a genuine observation; not intended in any snide way].

The raw fact is that while the vast majority of boaters will never fall foul of CaRT, or even come within the radar of their enforcement team, there are the rare occasions when, with the best will in the world and no matter what is done to abide by more than the law or even BW/CaRT demands, boaters can find themselves in a position where they are an impediment to some goal the authority is pursuing – and then, the only choice is not to “quietly back away” because they will not allow that; the choice is to lose everything or fight.

If that sounds medieval, it is; abuse of power has never gone away, and never will while human nature prevails within institutions granted authority over us.

English law has grown in order to protect the common man in such situations, but that is not an easy tool to wield.

Thank you for the :) observation, yes I am lucky to have the knowledge and experience to use the salty water and boats that are moored where, subject to the moon, I can be underway within an hour of leaving home.

I am wondering if there are not amongst the members of this site both solicitors and barristers who could form a pro bono team to help such boaters.

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

Following ongoing discussion and significant review, this thread is going to remain closed.

Myself and the site staff do not wish to prevent members talking about current activity between waterways organisations such as CRT and canal users, however I also do not feel it is appropriate for members to use the forum as a platform for campaigns against such organisations. Members need to consider what they are posting and effect of doing so. We have not been contact directly by CRT or Shoosmiths. There is not a ban on discussing issues relating to CRT enforcement.

Provocative and inflammatory posts will not be tolerated, as per the site rules.

A thread on this topic exists here; http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=87971

Daniel

Site Owner