Measuring idle rpm

Cloudinspector

Featured Posts

Right, I've found the correct procedure in the manual and along with your simple explanation it all makes sense. However can you clarify what you mean by the injection pump front cover. Is it the cover through which the return spring enters the pump?

BTW I can honestly say I've no idea where I stole that photo from. If it was from you then I apologise for not asking first.

Its the cover that the spring goes into on the rear of the pump and in your photo above has the Gardner pump information plate attached to it.

Glad you like the photo enough to use it as your profile pic.wink.png

Its the cover that the spring goes into on the rear of the pump and in your photo above has the Gardner pump information plate attached to it.

Glad you like the photo enough to use it as your profile pic.;)

I assume it's held in place by the stud with the seal on it and not the slotted screw to the left of it?

Surprisingly there is no internal diagram of the pump in the manual yet there is one of the governor.

yep its held on by the stud with the seal on it.

the lack of internals of the pump in the manual is most likely because the governor is of gardner design but the pumps are either made by bosch or CAV so have their own documentation.

• 2 years later...
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 16:11, Athy said:

I have only found one such screw, at the back of the engine - a kindly RCR engineer pointed it out to me! You twiddle the screw, which bears upon the throttle control, then lock-nut it into place when it sounds right.

If you'll excuse the question - where is the screw (s) - any chance of a photo?

From memory, just behind and at the bottom of the throttle lever.

No chance of a photo I'm afraid - we are not currently on the boat, and in any case my camera needs repair before I can take any pictures with it.