When I stop my 4LW

jenevers

Featured Posts

Alternative question then. I never use the cold start button. Should I? Engine always starts immediately.

Good question. By force of habit, I always use cold start and decompression just because I think it's easier on the battery, offering less resistance etc. I'll try not using either and see what happens. Btw the Bosch 220 ah starter battery is at least 12 years old.

Good question. By force of habit, I always use cold start and decompression just because I think it's easier on the battery, offering less resistance etc. I'll try not using either and see what happens. Btw the Bosch 220 ah starter battery is at least 12 years old.

Using decompressors is probably not easier on the battery as you have to turn engine over longer. A means to an end with near flat battery though.

Look lads - it's a Gardner, stop the engine, when it stops push the 'stop lever' back into start position, Before starting, check the oil open the throttle a bit and 'hit the button', it starts first time.

Ledgendary Engineering excellence!

L.

Look lads - it's a Gardner, stop the engine, when it stops push the 'stop lever' back into start position, Before starting, check the oil open the throttle a bit and 'hit the button', it starts first time.

Ledgendary Engineering excellence!

L.

I need to use the cold start button (for a cold start) on my 4LW because there is a heavy alternator load almost immediately, without the excess fuel the engine will fire but not pick up.

Tim