Strange Dutch Barge

Titus

Featured Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121705646744

another boat for sale now, looks like a JD Narrowboats from Shardlow hull. Fited out with Aldi and B&Q stock items.

The kitchen worktop hasn't even been trimmed off, still bare chipboard

.Everything else still in bags or boxes, including the loo and inverters.

Looks like the speed control is attached with tape to the offside of the boat and steering????

Nearly new boat 2008!!- for £17K??

Oh, do come back and give us more input EEL

another boat for sale now, looks like a JD Narrowboats from Shardlow hull. Fited out with Aldi and B&Q stock items.

Looks like the speed control is attached with tape to the offside of the boat and steering????

Dont know what to say, i was looking at boats in that price range before my dad made me an offer i could not refuse, for £17k i would rather go for a lot o older boat thats not been knocked up in a morning.

my dad was laughing at the stuff i was looking at but anything to get on the water. even if it needed stripping out, maybe the hull worth money but i would not want an outboard.

Edited by brassedoff

Dont know what to say, i was looking at boats in that price range before my dad made me an offer i could not refuse, for £17k i would rather go for a lot o older boat thats not been knocked up in a morning.

my dad was laughing at the stuff i was looking at but anything to get on the water. even if it needed stripping out, maybe the hull worth money but i would not want an outboard.

Lol, now you're starting to get picky!

(Which is a Good Thing, as it shows you are looking critically!)

The mollycroft is the roof/window combination, not a model of vardo.

I suspect that the showmans van shown in that holiday ad is named "The Mollycroft."

Other minor trivia: The hay rack on a vardo is called the cratch.

The cratch on a horse drawn narrowboat is a hay rack

Richard

I think one or more old FMC Joshers have been shipped to Poland for refurbishment then shipped back to the UK.

By someone in Alvecote called bargeeboy if my memory is working correctly.

Edit

Yes Bargeeboy here is Malcolm Burge. He has a factory in Poland where he has shells built, and sends the South Midland joshers when they need extensive work. Or so I'm told by someone I'd expect to know.

I think Jaguar went over there, somewhat documented online, nor sure any other of the south midlands have been but happy to be proved wrong.

Daniel

Does Gdansk have a B & Q ?

Kingfisher Group own Castorama who have 2 stores in Gdansk. Does that count?

It does to me, Kingfisher being the parent company of B&Q too. Here's one of the stores:

http://www.castorama.pl/sklepy/gdansk-oliwa.html

I stand corrected that Gdansk is in fact quite busy building narrowboats, e.g. for the Amber range from Heritage Boats of Evesham as per this article:

http://www.heritageboatsofevesham.com/news/reviews

In fact, at the foot of the page we have this:

The price of an Amber boat ranges from £57,000 for a 50ft narrow boat to £97,000 for a 60ft beam. Mr Creary said: “Polish builder can provide granite tabletops, quality carpentry. “If a British builder were to do it at that rate, they would have to use chipwood from B&Q. You just have to do the maths.”

Better not be too sniffy about B&Q, Mr Creary; your Polish builders whose factory is "in Malbork, near Gdansk" may not be using chipwood (is that a proper name?, I would call it chipboard), but they could be getting some of their parts from B&Q's sister company? B&Q materials are as good as anyone else's equivalent items in my experience.

Traitors! Why don't they buy British?

Granite tabletops? Who needs those?

B&Q sells a lot of crap Made in China (designs nicked from elsewhere).

Is British quality so lacklustre?

How about sending Brits to Polish universities to learn proper?

Granite is full of micro-fractures and will absorb oils.

Have a look at 'thin sections' (under microscope) if you don't believe it.

Granite tabletops are so fake 'posh'. I bet David Beckham has granite surfaces in his kitchen to please his skellington.

Granite is full of micro-fractures and will absorb oils.

Have a look at 'thin sections' (under microscope) if you don't believe it.

Granite tabletops are so fake 'posh'. I bet David Beckham has granite surfaces in his kitchen to please his skellington.

A Kitchen is where the house staff belong isnt it,

besides that i am not sure food comes into play very much, one has a vogue shoot caming ap you know.icecream.gif

Edited by brassedoff