Strange Dutch Barge

Titus

Featured Posts

Ugly. None of the boats I see described as Dutch barge style on UK canals ever look anything like actual dutch barges

Can't believe what a monstrosity it is. If anyone was daft enough to buy it, they'd never be able to sell it again.

They've got another for sale for £17,250 with a Mercury 75 outboard http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121657287073

But he says "No dreamers or timewasters"!

I think you'll fall squarely into the 'timewaster' category. Strikes me that dreamers however, are his target market.

I need to see it. I can't get my head around it actually existing. No one built that, surely? It's a photshop creation, has to be!

Check out the outboard installation rig on the stern. I could believe the designer of that could design the boat featured in the OP, with that wonderfully looney window collection.

Wow. I missed that it had other pictures. That's genius. Outboard tied on with rope, morse control taped to the cabin side. I'm guessing the engine wasn't "installed" when they had the BSS examination :D

Well all I can say with my untrained eye and limited amount of boat knowledge is...

We got a Really Great deal when we bought our boat. By reading the advert the only difference seems to be ours is 12 ft longer ?? ft wider, has a 2nd bedroom, a freezer OH and has an engine and cost substantially less ... to the tune of enough of a difference to buy a nice narrow boat!!

Maybe it's meant to be £14K and not 114K?

Intrigue got the better of me so I had to ask who the shell builder is. The reply

"The boat was build by Polish Boat Builders, which have big experience to build Ocean Boats in Gdansk in Poland.
Now you do not need go to Poland to buy Narrow Boat. Poland come to you. To give you best quality product"

Intrigue got the better of me so I had to ask who the shell builder is. The reply

"The boat was build by Polish Boat Builders, which have big experience to build Ocean Boats in Gdansk in Poland.

Now you do not need go to Poland to buy Narrow Boat. Poland come to you. To give you best quality product"

Quality--debateable. Design--totally Mickey Mouse.

With no engine, just what exactly will power the jacuzzi, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge? Solar electricity???

These boats, when eventually sold for very little, look to me to be destined to join the sailing boats, Broads cruisers and ships lifeboats on the Regents Canal in Hackney.

Edited by monkeyhanger

Advert smells of dodginess to me...

Yuh think?

Here's what I got when I put the phone number into Google. Funny how his sales are still at FIVE (5):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/111553206406?clk_rvr_id=765085676057&item=111553206406&lgeo=1&utm_medium=tumblr&utm_source=dlvr.it&vectorid=229508&rmvSB=true

Why is the original item no longer available? Who knows who bought it? Genuine buy, or scam disappeared down the drain?

07425 numbers are for mobile phones in the United Kingdom.

07425 numbers are allocated to Vodafone.

It is no longer possible to tell the operator of a UK mobile phone from its number alone, as customers are free to take their number with them when they change networks. The 07425 prefix is not a reliable indicator of which network a phone is currently connected to, only which network issued it originally.

Try entering into Google the phone number ############ and the word 'scam' - looks like a Polish scammer? And associated with narrowboats/barges?

Next thing you'll find yourself in a suitcase... ???

(It looks like they are selling all kinds of boats, if you put the words 'con', 'fraud',etc. into Google with the phone number. I'd say ads from Ebay lifted. Well, send e-mails and let's all ask...?) Or... let's phone! (calls directed to the Cayman Islands and charged at 487 Pounds per minute)

Edited by DHutch
Phone number removed.